Fly Tying

Ummm ... if she's a real girlfriend or wife, she is.

It's that old, "Do these pants make my butt look big?"

We NEVER tell the truth ... what in the world would make you think they do !?!?!?

Love isn't blind ... it's ... tactful.

After 20 years of marriage....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I told my nephew at his wedding there are 2 rules for a happy marriage.

Rule #1 - She is always wright.

Rule #2 - On occasion she is wrong, refer back to Rule #1

Ummm ... if she's a real girlfriend or wife, she is.

It's that old, "Do these pants make my butt look big?"

We NEVER tell the truth ... what in the world would make you think they do !?!?!?

Love isn't blind ... it's ... tactful.

After 20 years of marriage....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I told my nephew at his wedding there are 2 rules for a happy marriage.

Rule #1 - She is always wright.

Rule #2 - On occasion she is wrong, refer back to Rule #1

Yes, but only until you actually realize that its been a long time of marriage. A night or two on the couch is totally worth growing a pair of testicles again. HAHA

Anyone used scaled down surf candy for trout?

I have, but i really like something with a bit more profile than a traditional SC. Too skinny for my liking

I haven't but I do use them for bass. I'm not sure you really have to downsize them. The bait fish they're intended to imitate can get up to 6 inches long. What we mostly see around here are this size

post-309-0-62379400-1456065026_thumb.jpg

I normally tie mine 2 to 3 inches long. Which is a good size for bass and trout. I've seen trout take minnows that size. I dumped the minnows from my bait bucket at the end of the day when my nephew and I were fishing a feeder stream to a lake that has rainbow trout and smallmouth in it. The minnows were flopping around on the surface and trout were coming up and grabbing them. Looked like a micro version of a bluefish blitz. And we hadn't caught a trout on a minnow the whole time we were fishing.

Right now I'm playing with Senyo Laser dubbing to see if I can come up with a smaller version. Prototype looked OK but it needs some work.

There are many variations of the the Surf Candy. I was thumbing through Bob Pop's book "Pop Fleyes".

There are tying instructions for the Surf Candy, Full Dress Surf Candy, Diet Candy, Deep Candy, Rabbit Candy(Versions 1 and 2, Wiggle Candy, Bonito Candy, Stick Candy, Sea Candy and 'Cuda Candy

Numerous replies have been deleted. This is a family site and we do not allow some of the language being used, and we will never tolerate threats of any kind. To those involved consider this a warning, next time we will simply start showing people the door.

Seriously guys you're all grown men, act like it, I shouldn't have to waste my time babysitting like this.

Numerous replies have been deleted. This is a family site and we do not allow some of the language being used, and we will never tolerate threats of any kind. To those involved consider this a warning, next time we will simply start showing people the door.

Seriously guys you're all grown men, act like it, I shouldn't have to waste my time babysitting like this.

I apologize for the foul language. It wont happen again. I just don't like beeing made fun of, by a random guy i don't know. I'm pretty sure most feel that way

I apologize for the foul language. It wont happen again. I just don't like beeing made fun of, by a random guy i don't know. I'm pretty sure most feel that way

I really wasn't making fun of you buddy... It was a simple joke. I say it to my wife, mother, and friends all the time. I meant no harm. I really didnt understand why you got all hot and bothered by it since I really meant no harm.

Yeah, threats are never a good thing. Thank you for deleting the posts. I don't like foul language on my listings either. I am glad you guys are on this type of thing. :)

I really wasn't making fun of you buddy... It was a simple joke. I say it to my wife, mother, and friends all the time. I meant no harm. I really didnt understand why you got all hot and bothered by it since I really meant no harm.

As i said, whatever. English isn't my first language, but im pretty sure i got your point. If you want further explanation, we can take this in PM.

Anyone used scaled down surf candy for trout?

I actually do... I use other materials, but I epoxy up the hook shank a bit. Basically its this fly with the same materials, but I don't tie it as long, or with as large of a hook. I tie it with a size 6-10 or so... Also I use other colors... But using a dubbing for a shorter fly really makes it move better when shortening up the materials, since dubbing is less stiff.