Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

10ft Sea Trout spin rod

Posted a few pics of this the other day but since the owner is a member here and I was not able to get outside in the sun to get some real good pics due to being sick the past few days I wanted to snap some better pics for him now and post.

This one is a 10ft 2pc spin rod that will handle about 3/16-1oz lure weight. It's got a 9" rear grip and 2.75" fore grip all made out of burl corks and a FUJI seat. Guides are the new Microwave guide system, believe there are a total of 14 guides on it if memory serves correct. Wraps are dark green with metallic gold trim. There are three measuring marks on the rod itself. The first is the dark 1/4" ring of cork in the fore grip, that is 15" from the butt of the rod. The next two are gold wraps on the blank at 20" and 25".

This one will be on it's way top Scotland soon to put some sea trout in hand.

spin1%20copy_zpswwlpjl4f.jpg

spin2%20copy_zpswxzkobsz.jpg

spin3%20copy_zpsydvuufwp.jpg

spin5%20copy_zpsvwpiyz9s.jpg

spin4%20copy_zpsuytuxuy6.jpg

Nice rod Steve. Are those eyes designed to minimize line slap to promote further casting distance?

Dan they tame the coil that is common with spin casting. As soon as the large loops of coils hit that taming guide it turns into a straight line and adds more accuracy as well as distance. It is something I had a hard time buying into myself till I did the first rod with the microwave system and tested it, it works as they promise, great set up for spin rods.

Looks great Steve. Hoping to snap a 25" which would be around 7.5lb and large for here. Mostly 15" is a good fish.

As you said it looks even better with the sun on it.

Hope you get into a monster with it. Forgot to mention as well that I did the Forhan locking wraps on the guide for ya so if you do tie into a monster there's no worry about the guides pulling ever pulling out.

That's great, this will fish for salmon too and there is always a chance of a belter. Lost one last year that ran 200+ yards upstream with my drag whizzing before line went over rocks.

Very nice piece of work. I have a 10' spinning rod which is exactly in the same range of casting weight. It is a very fun rod, and using no-stretch superline, every head shake and movement of a fish seems amplified through that 10' lever. I use it mostly in the Great Lakes kayak trolling for bass, steelhead, and browns, but have also used it in saltwater for blues and spotted seatrout (not the same...) and even caught a 38-40" musky with it.

The 500 question marks were edited out of Adam's post. When people on mobile devices view the site and someone holds a key down for that long it really screws up the ability of the person on mobile to view the thread so lets refrain from doing that in the future.

And to answer the question "FTF?"....Yes, this is in fact FTF, the site I have ran for the past 12 years and share many things with like minded individuals.

Nice rod Steve. Are those eyes designed to minimize line slap to promote further casting distance?

microwave_demo.jpg

(taken from the manufacturer's site)

I'd like to see one in action.

Nice work. Again!

Thx for the explanation and diagram. It was as I envisioned. Piker now post a big seatrout beside the rod!