Fly Tying
bigsky2

Podcasts

I just started listening to podcasts during my daily commute to work. Does anyone know of any good fly fishing podcasts I can listen to? Doesn't matter if its freshwater, saltwater, whatever.

'fly fish radio" was one of the best ones especially the 5 part series with norm albiston but unfortunately it is no longer available

i dont bother with podcasts anymore

What is a "podcast". I have been fortunate enough in a couple of situations to cast to a pod of fish and get one on every cast but never done it while driving.

According to all the drivers blocking my way home each afternoon, Vic, you can read a text, watch a movie, smoke a cigarette and eat a burger all while driving.

So just a podcast would only cause small-ish accidents, I guess.

But really...I hear the term podcast but how does it differ from a radio show? What makes a podcast special to get it's own name?

ps...If you guys don't get me good answers like the lawyer thread then I'm going to have to go on Google and find it myself and that's your responsibility to save me that horror.

The same way that a "video Blog" isn't a TV show, Vic.

Anybody can do a podcast. No corporate or government oversight/censorship.

A radio show is ... paid announcers on the radio. Promoting anything that gets them paid, or only what the company allows.

But really...I hear the term podcast but how does it differ from a radio show? What makes a podcast special to get it's own name?

ps...If you guys don't get me good answers like the lawyer thread then I'm going to have to go on Google and find it myself and that's your responsibility to save me that horror.

iPod + Broadcast = podcast.

It was Apple's way for getting recorded content that wasn't books, music etc.

The Orvis podcast and Pardon the Interuption make a long car ride short.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.