Fly Tying

post-37956-0-82102900-1456527885_thumb.jpgpost-37956-0-42256600-1456527906_thumb.jpg

This one works very well in streams and lakes

Even with the saltwater hook

Even though ...I still use Woolly Bugger as go to fly in most situations whether it be a variant of the original as a good searching pattern . (Estuaries and freshwater )

So in answer to your posed Question ? No No No lol

Retro, that is reminiscent of a Silver Sides streamer but tied Clouser style. I've killed early morning lake fish on the silver sides and also Browns in estuaries. That was many many moons ago now thought . I have not used one in years if not decades. But sure I can see that working great. And I don't even mind the bead chain eyes LOL

I don't tie with dumbbell eyes or any kind of eyes. I know that they can be an attractant but I've never found a need for them. If I weight a fly I use lead wire or now I use copper strands from old extension cords. Wrap the wire around the hook, using as much as you need then overwrap it with thread.

A Clouser in chartreuse and white or blue and white works well for smallmouth in the rivers and creeks in my neck of the woods.

I don't tie with dumbbell eyes or any kind of eyes. I know that they can be an attractant but I've never found a need for them. If I weight a fly I use lead wire or now I use copper strands from old extension cords. Wrap the wire around the hook, using as much as you need then overwrap it with thread.

But Skeet the Clouser is built around the eyes, if you tie it without the eyes then you still haven't tied a Clouser. LOL.