Fly Tying
deerhairdan

March Flies From The Bench

Just a simple articulated zonker streamer.

#4 Partridge Attitude Streamer

Wire ribbing

Ice dub

Micro pulsator rabbit tied in at the eye then ribbed

25mm Shank

same material/process as above....just use darker shade of ice dub for gill area.

6mm Eyez with resin head.

It swims very nicely. I do add some .025 lead free wire to the shank....both to close the annoying gap on the shank, and add some weight to get it down. About 10-14 wraps is plenty.

I tied a few Bronze Goddess flies last night. I had issues with the mallard feather, but I think I got it, They should hold together!

http://imgur.com/a/2kyyd

http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/patterns3.asp?page=33

I don't know if this is the tier that you followed, but notice the instructions for wrapping the mallard flank feather. Make sure you have the feather oriented so that when wrapped the concave side of the feather is facing the hook shank. Fold the feather back as you take touching wraps with the feather and don't try to wrap the thick part of the stem.

A few packed and stacked bugs. The middle one is an old classic Whitlock bug with the exception that I did grey, white and black instead of grey black and white face. Can't believe I screwed that part up. Maybe next time.

march1_zpsexqhsz8m.jpgmarch2_zpsw1jvc47n.jpgmarch3_zpsgrwjhyp3.jpg

post-37956-0-01373400-1457003917_thumb.jpgpost-37956-0-77330200-1457003928_thumb.jpg

Retros Big Bastard Bugger in Black : Mustad 34011 size 2/0 long

Retros mini bead head bugger in olive red and brown : B110 Grubber hook size #10

Retros blue flash buzzer : B110 hook size #10

Retros griffiths gnat : Mustad signature series dry hook R30 2x fine/standard size #20

20160303_162516_zpspgynyvz7.jpg

That shrimp looks awesome!!! But will it not just flip upside down? It looks like a regular hook with no keel weight to hold it upright like that. Still looks great thought!