Fly Tying
Mike West

Is fabric fusion the same product as liquid fusion ?

Suspect not considering they come from the same manufacturer. Manufacturer also states Liquid Fusion has a much wider range of uses, than Fabric Fusion (wood, stone, ceramics, etc.). As Flytire points out, it is pretty widely available, so I'd recommend digging a bit more.

I've got a bottle of the "fast tack" version of the fabric fusion. It states on the directions, "Not to be used on waterproof clothing."

I take that to mean it will not stand up to water as well as Liquid Fusion ... if Liquid Fusion stands up to water. I don't know, since I don't have a bottle of Liquid Fusion to compare to.

In my experience, they are similar but not the same. The liquid fusion is easier to work with on coating bugs and popper faces than the Aileen's fabric fusion...it's just easier, better to apply. However, the end result is about the same. I, too, found Hobby Lobby recently out of Liquid Fusion. Bearsden had it, and I like it enough that I bought some rather than use my Aileen's. Cheers, Ed

I have seen Aileene's Fabric Fusion at JoAnn Fabrics ... it is intended for patching tears in cloth ... I have actually patched torn jeans with it. But believe it or not, I bought mine from Ace Hardware, where it was shelved with glues.

FlaFly, what are you doing patching jeans? My grandkids rip their jeans so they look like the more expensive designer jeans with the tears and worn look built right in so you pay extra for it.

Grampa Vic... Aileene is happy to note that I'm not your grandkid. :-) I do all kinds of crafty stuff with my fly tying materials, in addition to tying flies.