Fly Tying
vicrider

March ENDS the Monthly Swap

Sorry guys, you can blame a cranky old man and I never have been the best at organization. I trust a lot of things to memory and that too often fails me so I end up with "Why are these flies set aside?". It seems like getting started this year has not gone well for a lot of tiers for various very legitimate reasons but it comes back to me and my temperment has been such that I'm letting it effect me and I'm too old for that. Right now it's the end of March and I have 5 packages in for March. I also have two sets of flies set aside for someone, one set of flies for someone else, and another set of flies for someone else. We only have 11 tiers this month since I couldn't fill a spot left vacant and now another vacancy for next month about finishes me off.

I will finish up the March flies and hopefully catch up with all the flies I have set aside from previous month/months. If anyone wants to pick up the swap for a Monthly run great but if not there's lots of swaps running all the time and I will run a few specials I've had in mind for awhile. Maybe the long running monthly swap kept alive by Breambuster has run it's course.

I was going to post this tomorrow but then realized some would think it was an April's Fool's day joke and sorry, but it's not.

Nick

ps...Sorry Fishin' Bob, you were one of the long running most reliable but your April flies I'm sure will fit another swap soon.

lock_zpscbfc4a06.jpg

Man This very sad I was looking forward to doing this ...

Steve-stabgnid

Well Nick I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you good luck and good health. Thanks for trying.

Michael

I hear you Nick. Sorry to see it end, but probably is for the best. Let me know when you start another one time swap, I'll be there. Do I owe you for postage or anything?

Wow what a bummer, I'm sorry to hear this also. I wish you always the best Vic. I really enjoyed swapping with you. As for the swap itself, I will think about continuing the swap, and let everyone know, by Monday if it is possible for me to commit to such a task. If some one takes the task of SM will you continue to participate?

Western Trout Hunter, I'll stick a couple of those little bitty nymphs I tied for CO and you can take a look at them. Next run of bead flies I have I'm going to try putting the hook in the vise point up and threading them that way. I've been locking the bead in small pliers and then sticking hook thru and this is not fun and does not work well. Haven't tried your way yet but sounds like it may just be an easier way. I don't mind beads from 2.4mm and hooks from 16 and bigger but 1.5mm and size 24 is just plane pain.

Totally understand Vic, thanks for your lead. Mine are in the mail.

Guys Ive been thinking about this for a while... I'd hate to have such a great swap discontinue. Therefore if the powers allow it I will take on the role of SM. If that is acceptable to the members of this swap please pm me with a yes or know if that is acceptable to the group. Then I will ask the administrators if it is acceptable.

Ok Guys: I got the approval to be the SM. (Thanks Steeldrifter!)

I hope all the current members of this swap will continue to be a part of it. If you want to continue please respond with an "I'm In" then we will open it up to others . Vic: I hope you continue to be a part of this as I and others really enjoyed your flies.

All good. Bob, I look forward to swapping with you again in the future. thanks for answering.

Guys so far we have two drop-outs for the swap. I am waiting to hear from the other members, IF I dont get a response from the present members by the end of the weekend, i will assume you do not wish to participate. And I will then open it to new members. I'd like to get 10 to12 swappers as a total.

Let's see where this takes us.

Thanks again.

Joe

Tell ya' what Joe. If you fill swap with a dozen swappers I'll sit it out and do a fill in on short notice whenever you need it. As long as we're not doing double articulated flies like the Hog Snare I can get most stuff heading your within a couple of days. If you don't fill out then I'll take a spot if you have enough to keep it going. I'd have no trouble with having 6 in and doing 2 flies each. If you don't have a dozen flies or so going back and forth the postage starts to get a little steep per fly. You might want to do a new thread pretty soon since so many people have read this already and don't realize there's new data available.

Nick

I will. Nick, thanks for stepping in I really appreciate it.Thinking about what you said , I'd be fine doing a swap with six guys as well.