Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Madore

Tying Bench, Part 2

OK guys, it's official: I am WAY over the edge and have lost all sense of reality, sanity, and even decency.

I decided that I needed a bigger bench. Why? No reason..... Because it was there, I guess.

When does it end?

user posted image

This one is about 32" across and made of melamine. I just have to finish (fill and paint) the cut ends and that's about it. I added lighting as well, but you can barely make it out in this picture.

I figure this one's big enough to just bolt to the top of an old table and make a stand-alone station. Um, if I don't do another one before then. Yeah, an oak one. Or maple. And even bigger. smile.gif

My wife is just shaking her head and smiling.....

Cheers!

Gary

Gary,

Never, it never ends. It starts with tabletop, then moves to a corner of a room. The next thing you know, it takes over a whole room. Need $$ for food, sorry not this week, I NEED a new hackle. Mortage $$$? No problem, just don't answer the phone. The next thing you know, you've lost your tying room and are in the basement, garage, but more then likely......the dog house. Man you got it bad!!! Most guys take at least months to get bit this bad.

Art

PS Great looking bench!! Keep going tiger; we're all behind you!!! devil.gif devil.gif

Thanks Art!

Heh heh... Sorry: Kids don't get milk this month: Daddy needs dead animals!

The photo loses a lot of detail in the FTF upload/resize process, so here's a link to a better copy:

New Bench

I dunno what I'm gonna hang on all those cup hooks, but they're dead sexy, dontcha think? heh heh

Ahyup: I've got it bad. My missus is rather happy, though, because she knows there's less healthy things I could be doing with my time.

Besides, she wants to use my old benches for crafting stuff (she just claimed Tying Bench #1 as a hot-glue table) so she almost encourages this insanity.

Gotta go: I think I hear my saw calling me.... tongue.gif

Cheers!

Gary

There is no cure. ohmy.gif

Sweet looking setup. I really like the tool rack, and the dubbing on the wall. Awsome. I'm still getting ideas for my perfect setup, and now you have given me a couple more thing to think about.. rolleyes.gif

Nice setup, but there is one major problem with it, it's all nice and organized. I can't imagine going to grab something without having to move a few things off of it to use it. laugh.gif

Gary, you definately have the "disease"...you're toast! Now you'll spend the rest of your life stapping fur & feathers to hooks and then spending the balance of your time trying to outwit slimy/ scally critters with brains the size of lentils. blink.gif

Nice tying set-up. Leaves you a good foundation to build upon. If you think it is bad now, wait till those fish start regularly taking YOUR hand made offerings. Fishing necessitates tying, tying facilitates fishing... a vicious circle! Welcome aboard the merry-go-round...dare ya to try and leap off devil.gif

A.A.

Skunked: It's only tidy because I hadn't tied anything on it yet biggrin.gif

Next modification: A build-in port for my Shop-Vac..... One flick of the switch and SWOOSH! It's all clean again. heh heh

YEAH, Baby!

Gotta go: I might have time to tie another bug before I have to leave for work....

Thanks for the encouragement everyone,

Cheers!

Gary

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Man, that ROCKS!!!!

Any chance you could post a few more detailed pictures? I think I'm starting a new set of plans!!!!

That's AWESOME! laugh.gif

Pretty amazing stuff. I wish I had room for something like that.

But I will some day........ I`m sure......... definitely........... yes ........... headbang.gif

PoPnBug,

I'm honestly flattered.

Sure thing: I'll work up a set of measured drawings for you and anyone else who wants 'em. I'll post the drawings (and more pictures) to my website when ready.

Cheers!

Gary

Nice station, hooked you are!!

Not trying to scare you or anything but you need to get in touch with you financial planner. Furnishing the new tying room that you'll be adding onto your home won't be cheap!! You know the type with the vaulted ceilings so you wave your fly rods around in so you can test how the fly lands! tongue.gif

EXACTLY what I was thinking: An addition dedicated to a tying room.... A tying room with 20 foot (minimum!) ceilings that will allow casting of the new flies into a (get this) indoor pond stocked with trout and salmon. (No sense testing a new pattern in a bathtub, right?)

Never mind one of those piddly little "current generating machines" baby: I'm bringin' the friggin' ocean indoors. Yeah! Look out Bass Pro: I'm gonna put your indoor "puddles" to shame.

Ahh-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaa............

(cue sound of sirens arrivng at front door and men in white coats with restraints in hand forcibly entering my home....)

Cheers!

Gary (typing with my nose because the straitjacket proscribes using my fingers)