Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SilverCreek

Failure of Modern Fly Design

Heinz? Baked beans are good for your heart, baked beans make you fart, the more you fart, the better you feel, baked beans for every meal!!!

Let's throw in a nice thick, greasy, cheeseburger, some deviled eggs, and a nice cold beer or two, or three. That would be making me feel real good. Don't light a match.

OK Heinz Ketchup is the only ketchup. (http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/10/taste-test-the-best-ketchup.html). Forget politics. Not eating Heinz because of Kerry and swallowing the watery Hunts and its too sweet mess. I hate Jane Fonda's politics but I watch and enjoy Grace and Frankie, it is pretty funny and old guys will remeber her in Klute. You did not turn that off did you?

Beans are only Bush beans. Not open to discussion.

Hot sauce?

For me, yes ... I did stop watching anything Fonda was in.

As for ketchup and Kerry ... no, I didn't stop eating Heinz because of him. Although his actions sometime border on traitorous, he's never crossed the line, that I know of.

Sorry ... when Fonda's name came up, I just had to iterate the difference between "politics" and "traitor."

OK Heinz Ketchup is the only ketchup. Forget politics.

This.

I mean less than nothing to politicians, why would I care about them so much that I let it determine for me what I eat? Especially if it meant eating Hunt's Red Goo as opposed to Heinz ketchup.

Sorry ... when Fonda's name came up, I just had to iterate the difference between "politics" and "traitor."

Do Pterodactyls fill the skies in your world?

Do Pterodactyls fill the skies in your world?

laugh.png No, but it's interesting that you should ask. Those who forget history are the most likely to repeat it.

There's no "statute of limitations" on traitors.

But, to prevent escalation of this, I'll back off. I'm outta this conversation.

Wow! Look at the pretty flowers !!!

It's not about the ketchup, it's about me not bearing the thought of putting a single penny of profit in his pocket. Perhaps not traitorous by the textbook definition, but sickening nonetheless. Yes I'm simple-minded. What's with the idiotic cosmetic surgery? I'll be banned for going so far off topic. So I'm with Mike now looking at the flowers.

The premise of these commercially tied flies being in the shops to "solve a problem" is a hollow argument, because the situations we face and either work out or do not work out, are infinitely variable.

The premise of these commercially tied flies being in the shops to "solve a problem" is a hollow argument, .......

All those flies are there to make money for everyone involved, except the angler, of course. That's ok, too. We all need to make a buck, or spend one.