Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sammothner

PLEASE HELP LOOK FOR STOLEN GEAR!!

Yesterday after fishing my buddy Michael went home and over night someone broke into his car and stole his rods, reels and pack with all his flies in it. If you guys could be on the lookout for:

1. Orvis Access rod 9ft 4wt and reel

2. Orvis sling pack

3. Nymph and Streamer assortments

4. White river rod and matching reel with case

if you find something on ebay or craigslist it will be coming from atlanta or the suburbs. Please let us know if you find or have information to his gear!

This is from Michael

"There is a small crack in a rod attachment socked (the very first one) The Sandy Springs PD have been notified but if ya'll see anything and can notify the appropriate authorities I would be eternally grateful."

Pawn shop or flea market would be the place to look. My father went fishing when he lived in Chicago. For some reason he took all his tackle to fish in a local park. Left it in his station wagon. Someone spotted it and decided to go into the tackle business. Wholesale cost of replacement was $700. Hope your friend finds his tackle. I hate nothing worse than a thief!

Yep thievery is big today, in our decaying society it will get worse, I have 0 doubt in my mind on that. Generally drug money. That gear will be sold for what ever they can get.

Our house was hit a couple of years ago in a series of hit and run incidences. K9 dogs lost the scent half way down the driveway, it's believed they pulled right in here and this is broad daylight, middle of the day. Rammed in the front door, grabbed a pillow case off the bed , stuffed in what ever they could grab and gone. The thing is it's the smaller personal items that go, it sucks. My wife came home to the front door crashed in and the pellet stove going full blast trying to heat the house. She didn't know where to put herself, at first she thought it odd the front door was open and walking through the back saw the splinters all over the floor, got outside and called the police and then me. Never heard a thing except more break ins on the other side of town, same scenario.