Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Casting for Recovery - Inaugeral "Swap" for Australia

Be glad to do this for you guys. The way I see it the day may come when every woman gets to go through life with a full pair but until then it's an emotional roller coaster for them. My best bike riding buddy whose wife also rode a Harley springer with the 95ci kit and could ride with any of us lost the battle several years ago. I don't think I'll be around to see it but I really think there will be a major breakthough in all of the Big C treatments in the future to eradicate instead of just keeping us alive to pour money into the drug companies.

Okay, soap box done, I'll be watching for flies guys.

I mean, i counted the list of tyers, 11 tyers + Dave = 12 sets? Spot #1 is missing? Better to know now then have this end up like most swaps here?:-)

Dave is one of those super modest guys who didn't want to refer to himself as #1 so he just skipped the number. 12 sets is what he needs and 12 is what he gets counting his own. If you're one of those young guys versed in the crazy math I see my grandkids bringing home I can understand this. Even my older kids have to pull out their cellphone/calculators to see how much a $10 blouse at 30% off will cost them. Or ask me.

Just kiddin' man, but math in a person's head or on paper without calculators is lost to the world today.

12 tiers total Adam. I'm swap master (or number 1) and the 11 others....

:)

Well done! You win.... Guys. As Adam rightly pointed out i have only listed 11, including myself.

One more spot is available for anyone wishing to participate in the donation / swap.

thanks adam!!!

Adam, my apologies. I guess my math isn't all that great. I didn't count people, just looked at his Australian numbering system and got fooled. My DUH.

Making sure we're all on the same page Dave, they list five flies. I'm figuring tying two in each category on different hooks, then add in two more at random from their list. If they figure on a dozen women for the outing any dozen extra matching flies should get one in each person's box. As Fishin' Bob knows, no person should be on a trout stream or pond with a red silk bodied, herl collared partridge soft hackle so I'm thinking an even dozen of them should give each person one for their box.

Haha yeah, something like that.

Adam, if you're happy with that then that is fine - 2 sets from you? Plus extra Adams for Retro?

First off, IdahoRC, your flies for breast support are tucked away. I'm collecting them all in one of my wife's pink bras so I remember what they're for.

Adam, thing is I spent the last half of my life in road design and calculated horiz and vert curves, elevations, super elevations based on road speed, etc. To do this and not be able to count to 12 makes me think I retired just in time. Hate to build one of those roads that didn't meet when you got to the middle. One thing I will admit is that the difference between the early days of drafting tables, whale bone curves, french curves, all calculations plotted on plan, and all those other cool things back in the ink drafting days and Leroy lettering. By the time I left it was double screen work stations with programs to do about everything needed to do the old drawing we used to do and calcs we used to do. Just pick the two points you needed a curve and snap and curves mate to tangents on both ends and print out all the needed data to lay it out in the field. After plan is done you just send it all to plotter for big displays, printer for working copies, make a disc for surveys to plug into their theodolites, which will turn angles and measure distance for rodman to pound the stake. Was kind of cool being there right through advancements made in GPS locations, work station design, and survey improvements.

Should make one comment on past work in the field. We tracked some very old, overgrown markers that were done long before any instruments other than levels were available. You pull chain, kept temperature corrections on the chain (metal tape), set points and turn angles with the old instruments and pulled more chain. We could almost locate old markers with metal detectors and with a bit of digging. Very seldom were they ever more than a pace or two off from where all our modern equipment would put them ( in 1/10 the time of course.).

First off, IdahoRC, your flies for breast support are tucked away. I'm collecting them all in one of my wife's pink bras so I remember what they're for.

For sure I have never stashed flies in a bra. That's a first for me.

There was mention of being one member short. I know someone else offered but if you need more flies I have a lot of all of the patterns tied. If more are need i would be happy to send them as well. Just let me know.

I've been tying 6 packs of everything, so i could send 2 sets & retros Adams's tommorrow?

Thanks Champ XXX