Fly Tying
Li'lDave

Casting for Recovery - Inaugeral "Swap" for Australia

Missed this one. My salt water club has been working with the South Jersey chapter of CFR for the last 7 years. Here's some pictures of the retreats

post-309-0-45471600-1464056554_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-77529900-1464056806_thumb.jpg

post-309-0-59874300-1464057222_thumb.jpg

And this is what we catch though there's always hope for largemouth or a chain pickerel

post-309-0-50773000-1464057241_thumb.jpg

You cannot believe the excitement and energy of these women and the joy they exhibit when they catch fish. If you ever have the opportunity to act as a river guide or a lake guide, do it.

Just looking for a quick update. ..

I have mine, adam's and retrocarp's offerings ready to go.

I have mine and one other ready to go but am waiting on two more to send all at once. I did get a note that they would still be sent to me but no show yet.

Just looking for a quick update. ..

I have mine, adam's and retrocarp's offerings ready to go.

I'll have mine packed and out by weeks end hopefully.

I haven't forgotten, I have just been extremely busy lately and have gotten into a routine... get up early, go to work until late, come home, eat, shower, go to bed and then repeat day after day. I hope mashed barbs are acceptable because I don't have any barbless hooks except for some size 18 dry fly hooks. I had a story on here about me going for hooks last Friday evening but I decided to delete it because it might have given folks the wrong impression of me. If anyone did happen to read it before I erased it, I fish a lot up in the mountains and i have had to get out of the creek rather quickly because of a big black bear that was well within casting range. When I head up a mountain hollow now I make sure to have a .357 tucked away in my vest. I keep it in my car console otherwise....unless I happen to feel threatened. Back to the trip for hooks.....I drove over 130 miles round trip and struck out on barbless hooks so as I mentioned before, I hope mashed barbs are acceptable

mashed barbs are fine.

As I said, just checking up to make sure everyone is still happy. We've plenty of time to get this one done, I'm just a little paranoid about making sure these get to their destination is all :)

Sounds like a cool little adventure on Friday night! Glad you're ok!!

Lil'Dave, I tried to edit the post but you beat me to it. Its such a thin skinned politically correct world anymore, I didn't want to offend anyone.

Net ... I am EXTREMELY offended ...................... that you mashed the barbs on those poor hooks.

All good Net.

Your laws are very different to ours, but i begrudge noone the right to protect themselves.

Especially against bears..

Reminds me of a brief trip I made to UC Berkeley. Being straight out of Oz i didn't think twice about going for a walk up the hill behind campus... that is until i saw the sign warning of recent mountain lion sightings. I beat quite a hasty retreat back down to civilisation.