Fly Tying

The "Destinations" forum seemed a little dead so I thought I would try posting here instead. I am going to a graduation in Yakima, WA next weekend (May 20th) and I'm hoping to do some fishing to make the most of my trip. I will be coming from central MT so I will be going through Coeur d'Alene on the interstate. I am hoping to get some input on places to fish along the way. I would prefer to fish for pike but would also be willing to fish for trout or bass. It sounds like there is some good pike and bass fishing around Coeur d'Alene. I would think pike fishing would be prime right now but the water still might be a little cold for bass fishing. Trout rivers may be blown out soon if they aren't already but maybe I'm wrong. Could anyone recommend some places to try along the way? I don't expect anyone to tell me about their secret spots but at the same time I will likely never be back there. Feel free to pm me and I appreciate any info.

There's a lot of water between Montana and Washington. I'm thinking there's a lot of ways to make that drive, too. If you don't get any answers (because there's too many to narrow it down) ...

Here's my methodology for fishing new areas.

Download and use Google Earth (free program) to "fly" along the roads you plan to travel. Make sure the "bodies of water" labeling is on, and that you have a pencil and paper handy.

Fly along the route you're driving, and write down each body of water and waterway you see.

Then, go to https://takemefishing.org ... look up the State the water is in, then look for "Places to fish" to see if it is listed and commented on.

You can also put the name of the waterway or place into a search engine and see what comes up.

Good luck.