Fly Tying
Gene L

Cleaned off my tying benches today

And now can't find anything. I'm just not organized and have a weakness for material. My benches are back to back with different vises on each of them, so if I want to do rotary, I just turn around.

I wish I had an organized bone in my body, but lack any sort of skill. I just put stuff away and when it my tray for that material gets full, I pick up the random container nearest my bench. I could furnish a large Thai fly tying concern for several months.

I like to put stuff back into its bag and into my drawer. That's if im not using is for the flies that I am tying at the moment. And for the excess materials, maybe try using a waste basket? Ive seen them at the basspro fly tying bench and they look cheap,convenient, and effective. Every Sunday afternoon(after church) I vacuum all the excess from my "bench" and the floor. That takes a good 10 minutes but is well worth it!

I pretty much label everything and then when I go to tie I make little bins with the required material needed for what ever I'm tying. If I don't do that then ill end up with a complete mess lol.

My wife decided to clean my tying desk last week while I was busy doing other things.

Still trying to find certain things, I think she threw away the hares mask but won't admit it.

I got a bunch of plastic bins from the dollar store and label them with a sharpie and have them stacked on shelves under my long table. One day I may get a big roll top desk for it all. One day. Maybe.

I keep my tying stuff in one dresser drawer in one bedroom. Don't tie as much as I used to so it's no big deal to pull out what I need.

I got a bunch of plastic bins from the dollar store and label them with a sharpie and have them stacked on shelves under my long table. One day I may get a big roll top desk for it all. One day. Maybe.

Check Craigs list,I just bought a nice one using their site.It looks like a lot of people are getting rid of these desk for some reason. Make sure it not one made for computers.

I keep my tying stuff in one dresser drawer in one bedroom. Don't tie as much as I used to so it's no big deal to pull out what I need.

That could get awkward when "private time" with the misses comes around!