Fly Tying

Call me naive, but I have a hard time thinking that someone from this site would go to such extremes.

Then again, people never cease to amaze me in the best and the worst ways...

I hope you have a good disaster recovery plan for your web design business and can get everybody back online in no time.

Well the hate mail comes from two people here. I know who they are. They go to extremes like make fake YouTube accounts and harass me weekly on YouTube exc... Already. I've never had issues before until I started to get the hate mail. You can see why I jumped to that conclusion. I really hope it's not one of the people from here. But if so, they won. Their unlimited requests for me to stop making videos has finally worked. I will probably have to stop. The harassment has gotten too much, and has effected my family too much. I will probably no longer be posting on here.

Been working on it all night and still nothing. I'm not sure if I will be able to get it back online. I had some backups for my sites, but it looks like those got erased. I'm waiting for my hosting service to call me back and keeping my fingers crossed that they have a "non malicious" explanation to what happened. I really want to keep making videos, and praying that It just looks like I got hacked and that its some type of server wide glitch or something. I'm tired, and going to bed for an hour or two till my kid wakes me up like always.

Back up and running for now. I'm talking with my server guy about some safeguards. He said the hacker code was implemented everywhere, in every file of the site. Also it was put in all the sites I work on. He said it for some reason kept me from seeing the files but he was able to fix it on his end. He put in a few security tools to keep it from happening again. Hopefully it doesnt. So I will continue to make videos for a short time to see what happens. He is separating my site from the others also with different servers so I won't loose them all from one hacker. So we will see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Back up and running for now. I'm talking with my server guy about some safeguards. He said the hacker code was implemented everywhere, in every file of the site. Also it was put in all the sites I work on. He said it for some reason kept me from seeing the files but he was able to fix it on his end. He put in a few security tools to keep it from happening again. Hopefully it doesnt. So I will continue to make videos for a short time to see what happens. He is separating my site from the others also with different servers so I won't loose them all from one hacker. So we will see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If you think the hacker is from this site, don't you think updating them on what you're doing now might be a bad idea?

If you think the hacker is from this site, don't you think updating them on what you're doing now might be a bad idea?

I don't think they are now. My server guy said that it's directed toward a certain site on my server, that one is my clients. The hack ended up starting there but effecting all my sites. sorry for blaming someone here, just with all the hate mail and threats I've gotten from here, I suspected. I've been doing sites for a long time and never had this happen, so I started to wonder who would do this, and well my mind drifted to the two individuals who have threatened me and my family in the last few weeks. You can maybe see why? Even so, if someone tried to hack now, the security breaches they would have to jump through would make it near impossible unless they are some amazing top level hacker. Anyway, hopefully it's ok.

Excellent website! I sure hope you catch who hacked into your sites. As an IA person by trade, I cannot stand people that mess with other people for kicks. They sure don't make money doing it, but cause alot of grief for other people. They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

I just bookmarked,and subscribed to your YouTube channel. I know its not much,but it sounds like you could use a little good news. I liked your video on building a fly rod from a kit.This sounds like a nice 2016 winter project for me.

I hope things get better for you,some people are just no damn good! And good luck,with your current problems.

I just bookmarked,and subscribed to your YouTube channel. I know its not much,but it sounds like you could use a little good news. I liked your video on building a fly rod from a kit.This sounds like a nice 2016 winter project for me.

I hope things get better for you,some people are just no damn good! And good luck,with your current problems.

Thanks! Yeah, building a rod is not as difficult as it might seem. I think the kits from "hook & hackle" are around the $150 range, but I will say its a really good rod for the money! I just went fishing with it last week, and caught a 19" rainbow on it, along with countless 15" and shorter. It held its own. Its crisp, but also bends enough to feel the cast well. And the power with holding that 19" was really nice! For a 5 weight at least. It was able to cast a decent sized wooly bugger pretty well with a bead head. I also nymphed with it and it roll casted the indicator rig pretty well. Im quite happy with the rod. In fact I like it better than most of my other rods, with the exception of a Sage I own. HAHA But its hard to compare $150 rod with a $850 rod. So yeah...

I have to say, it is really sad that McFlyLures seems to be on the receiving end of another form of

cyber-bullying. I haven't watched many of his videos, but it is very apparent that he has spent a lot

of time and effort to produce them. I personally appreciate the "tier's point of view" perspective

which in itself, requires much more effort to produce.

I have been both a student and teacher of fly tying for many years and the one thing I think is

pretty universal in fly tying - there is always a different way to achieve a similar end result, and

vey often, I pick up new ideas and tips watching other people tie.

I really hope others here can appreciate the gifts McfLlyLures presents to us rather than jumping

all over him for no apparent reason.