Fly Tying

The triple surgeons knot is probably one of the easiest knots to connect your tippet to your leader. Its also quite strong. While not quite 100%, it will do the trick. And when you are out on the water, sometimes you want to tie up your rig quickly, to keep yourself on the water longer.
Difficulty: Easy
Time: Fast
Strength: Medium

Usefulness: Attaching two pieces of monofilament or flourocarbon.
Check out the video from the link below.

http://www.mcflyangler.com/triple-surgeons-knot

The triple surgeons knot is probably one of the easiest knots to connect your tippet to your leader. Its also quite strong. While not quite 100%, it will do the trick. And when you are out on the water, sometimes you want to tie up your rig quickly, to keep yourself on the water longer.

Really nice intro well done !!!

Really nice intro well done !!!

You like the intro? Thanks! I was worried it was too long, however I couldn't get it shorter. lol Decided to start this intro thing. People had suggested it many times, I just was waiting for some good footage. I have a buddy that I fish with regularly that finally agreed to film a bit for me. Hard to do filming by yourself you know? Got some good shots, decided to do the intro. lol So glad you liked it.

Some circles would say that is a1 1/2 Surgeons. Surgeons being multiples of 2. Double would be 4 tucks triple would be 6 tucks?

Mc, nice clear video. I have one comment that you could have gotten a "two-fer" out of that tutorial if you had shown that tag end on the lower side of the knot could be used as a dropper when nymphing.

Mc, nice clear video. I have one comment that you could have gotten a "two-fer" out of that tutorial if you had shown that tag end on the lower side of the knot could be used as a dropper when nymphing.

Good point !

That will be on another video. I actually shot that footage. Just wanted to split it up. Good suggestion though! Great minds think alike. ;). Haha