Fly Tying

Here's an idea... Don't ask for feedback. If people give feedback you can either decide to take it or not. If you want only people with experience to give you feedback, then maybe shoot them a personal message or something.

OR. You can take every single thing personally like you have done in many o' thread so far.

I didn't even realize what exactly was said about the beard until now, but you read waaaaaaay too far into that one. Mike is blunt, but thus far I don't think he's an A-hole.

When I ask for feedback on flies, I find people that will actually criticize it and tell me what needs to change other than someone who will just sing praises. If it sucks, I need to know. If I want to feel good about myself, I give flies to my mom. She will never say anything mean about them.

Guys, just letting you know, this is RUINING AND DESTROYING many of our experiences on this forum.

All of this arguing and crap kinda makes me want to not visit this site again.

We are all fly tiers

We all catch fish on our own flies

We all strive to improve our flies

We all fell in love with the art of fly fishing

Aren't we all supposed to be friends?

I don't know, maybe for some of you just winning an argument is worth ruining people's experiences with this forum.

Cuz this sure as hell ain't no "advice giving, friendly, generous " people that I think I knew.

I don't know

I'm sorry, I'm done with the thread also. I gotta keep remembering that opinions are like butt holes, everyone's got one and they are usually full of crap. Haha. So I will stop giving mine.

This thread was a great bit of comic relief from the spreadsheet I have been playing with.

Seems like all it has successfully done is greatly increased the post total of Mr McFly.

J

Glad this is over

And Shawn, please take this as a learning experience. Don't worry we all make mistakes and get agitated every once in a while.

Glad to see the real you again

McFly, I generally don't like your threads because I feel like you're motive is to solely bump up the hits to your site. Just throwing that out there. But, I 100% agree with you on the Pattern Police issue. A Corvette today looks a lot different from a Corvette from 1970. Does that mean it isn't a Corvette anymore? Advances happen, upgrades happen, new materials become available, it is what it is. There is not one thing "wrong" with a Deceiver the way Lef...Mr. Kreh originally tied them. Nothing. Does that mean that I am going to tie them the same way? Oh heck no. I like other flash materials better in the tail. I might choose a different body material. I'm putting herl or some sort of dark flash material over the back. Might even bar the body instead of having two solid colors. Not only would I add eyes, I might even add a Fish Mask. Crazy, right? If I post a fly like that tomorrow and call it a Deceiver, the Pattern Police might try to arrest me. If I post it and DON'T call it a Deceiver, inevitably someone will say "Well that's just a Deceiver." You cannot win. The way you tied the fly will absolutely catch fish and I'd call it a Deceiver. Bottom line, I don't care what a fly is called as long as a fish calls it edible.

Thumbs Up !!

Wow this was funny. Drama

McFly - You do seem to be here just to drive a business.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I assure you, I am not. I do comment on other peoples postings. If you haven't noticed I actually do take people's ideas and try to put them in my videos. You should have seen my first few vids. They have improved greatly, and mostly from getting advice from people here in the forum.

And I don't know what business you are talking about. I have made less than $50 in 6 months due to ads on my channel. This is not for money, it's a labor of love. I only put the ads up for "just in case" I make a cent or two. I'm not doing this for money (obviously).

I only have a nice website because that's my career. I am a freelance website and graphic designer. I built the website on my spare time by myself. I didn't pay for it, it was free. I did however spend lots of time and effort building it. :). But again "labor of love" not labor of wealth.