Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

From my crafty Wife

My wife is into card making and all that other crafty crap, so I get hauled into all those craft stores... devil.gif The one thing that I've had my eye on is one of those 'Crop Caddies'. Great looking piece of gear, until you look at the price tag. They are running anywhere from $99-149 CAN!!! bugeyes.gif

She was in Giant Tiger today and spied one in a demin fabric for $30 (Ilove it when she says, "I got you something today"). All the bells and whistles of the $$$ ones without the heavy price tag. Zipper pockets for tools and such, a huge main compartment, and inserts. It even has the deluxe features like wheels and a pull handle.

I figure when I go to a friends place or a tyers meeting, I'll be able to grab everything and them some for a tying session.

Once I add my personal touches (embroidered patches and remodel the interior), I have the cats ass in portable tying storage.

Art

Where do you live. I was in a Gaint Tiger store Last summer (Ontario). Bought a Camo, chair/cooler for $12.00. I liked the price of smokes too. There was everything under the sun in that place.

Gaint Tiger is a differnt store. I only know of one. Everything you can imagine is sold there at real good prices. Like a dollar store,(simmilar).

daryn,

It was the Giant Tiger in London, ON. I got one and my MIL bought the last 3 I believe. She can NEVER just buy a small amout of stuff. Why buy a metre of fabric when you can buy the whole bolt? dunno.gif laugh.gif

Art

Man, that's a cool store name, I wish us americans were that creative. All we have is wal mart, k mart, and "The dollar store". I guess I should start the trend down here, open up a chain called the "Huge Trout", all of us would go there rolleyes.gif eh?

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

QUOTE (Mr. Jingles @ Feb 22 2005, 10:32 PM)
Man, that's a cool store name, I wish us americans were that creative. All we have is wal mart, k mart, and "The dollar store". I guess I should start the trend down here, open up a chain called the "Huge Trout", all of us would go there rolleyes.gif eh?

Cheers

Mr. Jingles

All but a few warm water guys laugh.gif

Sign in to follow this