Fly Tying
eide

July Flies from the vise

Wasn't too sure I liked this one when it came off the vise, but then I tested it in my tank. Looked really good where it matters.

P7063281_zpscgyewb1h.jpg

The body looks nice and messy, it's a Complex Twist of yellow and olive schlappen with black UV Polar Chenille.

Looks awesome Cream. Nice thing about using schlappen in a twist with polar chenille is that neither material seems to dominate the other and you get a nice mix and showing of both. Well done.

J

Cream, that looks awesome. Is there any weight on it? Lead wraps on the hook or in the head? I've made a few concoctions like this, but they ended up looking like a mop on top of the water.

My favorite "do all" fly. Been tying it for probably around 25+ years in this color,Yellow & Chartreuse. Weighted and Unweighted. From 1" - 6" +

Catches everything that swims.

Mine_zpsykceteqj.jpg

My favorite "do all" fly. Been tying it for probably around 25+ years in this color,Yellow & Chartreuse. Weighted and Unweighted. From 1" - 6" +

Catches everything that swims.

Mine_zpsykceteqj.jpg

Nice, Mike !

Cream, that looks awesome. Is there any weight on it? Lead wraps on the hook or in the head? I've made a few concoctions like this, but they ended up looking like a mop on top of the water.

Weightless. I want it to fish shallow. It's essentially the unweighted version of the conehead Bow River Bugger variant I posted earlier on this thread. I just swapped deer hair for Laser Dub and the pocket eye cone for a Fish Mask.

Stmflies ... Am I mistaken, or has it been a while since you last posted? Seems to be, we've been missing you.

I am SURE I've missed seeing those flies you tie. Great looking deer hair work.

Ya it's been quite awhile!! Thanks mike!!

TheCream,

I really like your work with the Fish Skulls. I haven't messed around with those yet,been out of it for a few years and I'm just getting warmed back up. I'm going to have to get me some of those to play around with. Lots of Ideas running through my head.

I found out my eyes are worse than I thought once I started tying again....going have to get me some magnification help wink.png

FLOP-OVER%20PMD%20SPINNER_zpsj40e9ziw.jp

FLOP-OVER PMD SPINNER – Streeks/Variant – Daiichi 1110, #16 – #22…

MOOS%20HC%20BANKER%20PMDs%20GRP_zpsk4mst

MOO’S HOT CREEK BANKER PMDs – #16 & #18…

PT/TB