Fly Tying
Lesg

Hello from Northern Ontario

I've been posting for a while, but I thought I would introduce myself. I live in northern Ontario and I am lucky enough to live within an hour of good pike, smallmouth and brook trout fishing. I like all types of fishing (spin and ice fishing) but have been gravitating more and more toward flyfishing. I started tying a few years ago and have to admit to an addiction. Great site and great information for all aspects of flyfishing. Thanks to all. And a note to Mike Chell: If you want to catch a large brook trout (4-5 lb. come up in January. It's usually not more than 20 below.

Les

welcome aboard Les.

I am fairly new here too. New to fly fishing but some background on tying flies for under floats. When you say northern Ontario, you talking Nipigon area? I was up there for 17 days this past June. My 16th year up in that neck of the woods... never get bored of it.

Cheers!

Welcome. I've been going to a lodge on Lady Evelyn Lake for 28 out the last 30 years. Heading up that way in about 3 weeks. Looking forward to getting out of the city for 10 days and going where no one can reach me by cell phone.

Welcome to the site, Les.

When I can afford a climate controlled space suit ... I'll be there to catch some of those big fish.

Until then ... no thank you.

welcome aboard Les.

I am fairly new here too. New to fly fishing but some background on tying flies for under floats. When you say northern Ontario, you talking Nipigon area? I was up there for 17 days this past June. My 16th year up in that neck of the woods... never get bored of it.

Cheers!

Not near Nipigon, but on the border at the twin Saults. Sault Sainte Marie MI and Sault Ste. Marie ON.

Hey I've been to the sault! Isn't that what they call it ? I went for a week to Lake Esnagi on Mar Mac Lodge. Caught millions of pike and walleye on spin(wasn't into fly fishing then) . I had a great time, even saw a moose!! Welcome to FTF

Welcome to the site Lesg! I am new on here too, but have learned alot just in the month I have been here. I have always wanted to go to Canada and do some fishing and hunting. Maybe some day I will get that chance.

welcome aboard Les.

Cheers!

Not near Nipigon, but on the border at the twin Saults. Sault Sainte Marie MI and Sault Ste. Marie ON.

On the St Marys... Right on. You got one of the best fly shops in Ontario in your neck of the woods. Misty Mountain Fly Shop.

I assume the Atlantics are in full swing by now?

Cheers, Ron...

welcome aboard Les.

Cheers!

On the St Marys... Right on. You got one of the best fly shops in Ontario in your neck of the woods. Misty Mountain Fly Shop.

I assume the Atlantics are in full swing by now?

Cheers, Ron...

Ron, Misty Mountain Fly Shop? Is this on the American side or the Canadian side of the border? I don't go downtown very much and might have missed it. I mostly hang out with the hillbillys who never come to town.lol

Les

Found. Misty Mountain Fly Shop. It's about 30 miles west of Sault ON. I tend to go north so I've never been to the shop. Going to check it out. The website looks good. Thanks Decisions for the heads up.

Les