Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Jokey

ICAST/IFTD 2016 Orlando

Hey all

Anyone here on the forum going to the ICAST/IFTD show in Orlando this year?

Looking forward to this as it will be my first time going. Can't wait to see all the new stuff for 2017.

J

Same here. Figures, the only fishing convention I know of in Orlando, and it's not open to the public.

How's fishing been down there Mike? I am coming down a day early and hoping to be able to wet a line.

J

From a boat? Depends on where and what kind of fishing.

With flipping jigs and unweighted stick worms, on the lakes, the bass have been hammering.

With fly fishing gear and flies on the St. Johns River ... I am not doing as well.

If you're bank fishing, there are a few ponds that might do okay. High temps and bright sun have accelerated algae and weed growth, so many bank opportunities are unreachable.

I'll be at work on the 12th, or I'd offer to take you fishing.

Thanks for the offer Mike. I will actually be getting in on the 10th and planning to fish on the 11th. A former co-worker of mine has something arranged in the way of fishing that Monday so I am covered....but I appreciate the thought.

Cheers

J

Same here. Figures, the only fishing convention I know of in Orlando, and it's not open to the public.

Orlando Outfitters is doing an expo on the 16th. I'd be there, but I have to work. Details are on their website.

Many of our vendors who will be attending the show have agreed to stay an extra day to show their wares at our Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday, July 16th. This will be a great time to meet and talk with the people who make the products you use every time you get out on the water

Orlando Outfitters is doing an expo on the 16th. I'd be there, but I have to work. Details are on their website.

Many of our vendors who will be attending the show have agreed to stay an extra day to show their wares at our Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday, July 16th. This will be a great time to meet and talk with the people who make the products you use every time you get out on the water

Again ... it's just not in my future. I leave for a week trip early on the morning of the 17th. Wife is too good about letting me go fishing whenever I want, I am not going to spend my last day at home ... NOT at home.

Maybe there'll be another one when I CAN go.

Yep, I too am leaving for vacation and passing by Tollando on my way to the west coast on the 17th as well. I could probably get myself in but...I hate Orlando anymore. Too dang crowded. Merritt Island is not too bad....yet.