Fly Tying
Jasperfish

Copic markers

Hi, I don’t use a airbrush but if I did I would probably go for this one

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58-psi-compressor-and-airbrush-kit-95630.html

yes, it’s made in China but what isn’t? I just purchased a ultra sonic vinyl record cleaner from China, I want expecting much since the price was so low but I was amazed at the high quality of the product, the same goes for the soldering station and mini hot air gun my wife bought me for Christmas 

Barry

I have some experience with air brushing, I have to copic markers and the adaptor for an air brush compressor, I found that they are easier to change colors but the one thing they aren’t as good for is mixing your own custom colors. So o would recommend some cheap air brushes I have a few cheaply  made top feed double action ones. 

Also the canned air gets expensive quick so go and get a cheap air brush compressor it will save you a ton in the long run.

Have a blast making flys that you can paint and don’t forget to post some pictures of what you have come up with!

500A65D4-022C-402E-BC98-3C45E70E4510.jpeg

When it comes to airbrushing with Copic markers, you can use any color you want, but it's important to choose colors that blend well together and complement each other. The most common colors used in airbrushing are the primary colors - red, blue, and yellow - as well as their secondary colors - orange, green, and purple.

16 hours ago, MarshaHarrison said:

it's important to choose colors that blend well together and complement each other.

LOL  ... heaven forbid your popper's "suit" should clash!  Welcome to the site, Marsha.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:14 AM, MarshaHarrison said:

When it comes to airbrushing with Copic markers, you can use any color you want, but it's important to choose colors that blend well together and complement each other. The most common colors used in airbrushing are the primary colors - red, blue, and yellow - as well as their secondary colors - orange, green, and purple.

Welcome, Marsha.  I do use Copic and other markers when I color my poppers or other foam patterns, but I don't use an air brush.  I would add to the idea of complementary colors.  The idea of contrasting colors.  They may not complement each other but they work for patterns like frog or bait fish.

This is what I would say are contrasting colors.

645874606_P3060485(6).thumb.JPG.e851375721bd27badcbc24609dda5ac9.JPG

This one would be complementary colors

1683935327_P3060482(3).thumb.JPG.5413cf04d03fef380856f06d65121334.JPG