Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dthree

Tying foam?

If you are tying really small, the elastic from a pair of old underwear also has the same strands, just thinner.

Thanks. Don't have any right now, about a year ago my wife started buying me Duluth Trading underwear and they wear like iron and very comfortable. But that would have been the time to grab an old pair.

run over to the dollar store and grab a pair of cheap undies.

LOL ... "No, Ma'am ... I go commando ... I am buying these to tie flies with."

LOL ... "No, Ma'am ... I go commando ... I am buying these to tie flies with."

You almost owed me a laptop!!!!!!!!!!

I spit tea reading this!!!!!!!!!

Old thread renewed I guess. Well I chopped open an old bungee cord, the elastic had rotted. I think we are coming out of popper season now and going into midges and herring bait fish now. Over the winter I think I'll get some silly legs material or some such thing.

Something popped in my gut anyway, so we haven't launched the boat in weeks now. The Doc thinks maybe some mesh tore from an old hernia surgery, so oh goodie we shall see where this all goes. He says no hernia though, it might heal up. i see the doc today, nothing has changed so I'll be curious what he has to say now. It feels like someone taped a piece of paper or cardboard to my lower abdomen and put a paper clip or something on my right nut. This all increases and swells or decreases and goes flat according to my activity level and type of activity. Odd occurrence anyway. I think I'll be good to wade and fish as the midges start emerging, that's low impact exercise, should be fine with that I hope..