Fly Tying
vb1971

Pest Bird Feathers for Fly Tying

I've been teaching for this company ... wow! Next February will be 20 years !!!

I haven't worked a day since I started here. Too much fun to call it "work".

And you say you hate people, Mike you can't teach, be effective, interact with students etc. and not love people. It would be an oxymoron.

Hmmmmmmm ... interesting observation. I hate the "uniform" I have to wear, too, but I wear it gladly to be effective at my job.

Are you telling me there's NOTHING you hate, but that you tolerate because you love everything else involved?

What can I say ... I am an egotistical ham, a "Life-of-the-Party" type personality who loves being the center of attention. Teaching gives me a captive audience ... suits my personality to a T. One doesn't have to love their audience to give a great performance, which is really all teaching is. The better the performance, the better the audience responds ... the more it boosts my ego.

My approach was somewhat different. I am also a ham, when it comes to music, but teaching was different. When the college informed me that I would be teaching biology to students who were not biology majors, and mostly evening classes to boot, I thought, I'll be stuck teaching a bunch of people who already work, and need a degree to do whatever. The only reason they'll be taking my class is because they are required to. I tried to make the course as relevant to "normal" people (not scientists), and was rewarded. My students often stayed after the class had officially ended, asking questions and really wanting to know all they could. I loved it.

I've been teaching for this company ... wow! Next February will be 20 years !!!

I haven't worked a day since I started here. Too much fun to call it "work".

And you say you hate people, Mike you can't teach, be effective, interact with students etc. and not love people. It would be an oxymoron.

Hmmmmmmm ... interesting observation. I hate the "uniform" I have to wear, too, but I wear it gladly to be effective at my job.

Are you telling me there's NOTHING you hate, but that you tolerate because you love everything else involved?

What can I say ... I am an egotistical ham, a "Life-of-the-Party" type personality who loves being the center of attention. Teaching gives me a captive audience ... suits my personality to a T. One doesn't have to love their audience to give a great performance, which is really all teaching is. The better the performance, the better the audience responds ... the more it boosts my ego.

I never liked my work uniform much either Mike but wore them for 44 years.. I hated installing Road Ranger transmissions. I just counted it as joy on pay day is all. As to people, I don't believe that for a minute you actually hate people, you may say that but while your actions around the forum indicate otherwise. You blew your own cover over and over again. Sorry, that's just how I see it.

I do however believe that you hate "the ways"/actions of many people.

We'll agree to disagree, Dave. You're partially correct in that it's the actions of people I hate.

But other than those close to me, I can't separate the action from the "people" ... so, I hate people.

As I said before ... those individuals I know can become "us" and quit being "people". However, I have turned my back on a few that used to be "us" and are now just one of the "people" ... including a few siblings.