Fly Tying
Dubs

Breakfast Swap

What do you want with your eggs?

This is a 2 fly swap! All swappers will tie one egg type fly, and one other fly that can be fished subsurface in a tandem rig with the egg.

A very popular combo here is a white death zonker behind a sucker spawn or crystal meth egg, but a nymph or wet fly is a great choice too. Soft hackle, weighted dry, midge, you get it... Any style egg fly but no otters eggs or beads please.

10 spots filled, all swappers should tie 10 eggs + 10 of your choice

DUE DATE SEPTEMBER 9TH!

ALL FLIES SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY THIS DATE IN ORDER TO BE RETURNED QUICKLY

Regular swap rules, no need to post specific patterns unless you want to

I will PM swappers my address

1- SM

2- fishinorhuntin RECIEVED

3- vicrider RECIEVED

4- jjs89yj RECIEVED

5- jmckaughan RECIEVED

6- psychoprince RECIEVED

7- BassBugn RECIEVED

8- Mandog RECIEVED

9- stabgnid RECIEVED

10 -PJ2

No no keep them as separate flies, if you tied them with tippet between them I'm pretty sure they will get all tangled, and most would be cut off when recieved for a few reasons.

Also I thought I would say the second fly should be something besides an egg, basically anything else.

Ok thanks! I have to go out of town for work on the 6th and return around the 15th, but since it isn't due until early Sept, I am in for this! Sounds fun!

Okay, a twofer. Works for me. I might still do one pretty soon when all the rest of the swaps are done up.

I would call it a trout swap, but there is a lot of overlap between the great lakes steelhead and trout.

I fish for both, and an egg ahead of a small nymph is also a big brown trout taker for me.

My theory is the egg gets the attention and puts the fish into feeding mode and the nymph gets taken.

Traditional steelhead flies like huge bright streamers and fully dressed classics were not what I had in mind but if the guy doing the tying would use it with an egg ahead of it, or even behind it it guess, feel free.

Not everybody looks at using egg flies the same way, so no judging!

OK got you guys

Everyone is welcome! Swaps are also a great way to improve skills in an area.

There are a lot of egg flies that are super quick and easy too

I'd go the other way. Big heavy in front of a light egg. Big heavy to bounce bottom and let egg wash around behind. In MN you could not use two hooks on a line in steehead water so we'd use heavy sinkers we'd splash a little color on, then a couple pieces of contrasting yarn tucked under a snelled hook and maybe a rubber egg, maybe not.

alright you are in, and that is a good strategy in the faster deeper water vic

P.S. Psycho your inbox must be full

Dubs,

I'll join in as well. Have never tied egg patterns. However have been looking into it for fishing for Trout for the first time as well.

Steve