Fly Tying
JDK

Hi folk.

Based in (and from) the North of England, Manchester area. Stumbled upon this forum and the content seems better than some others, hence registering !

Wild brown trout and especially grayling (I'm rivers only) are my targets. Have been fly tying on a regular basis for about 16 months, nymphs and jigs predominantly to start but am now getting to grips with hackles and dries - can't always fish below the surface can we ;-)

Not worked out how to upload photos to here from my iPhone so any info appreciated, that way you'll see where 'I'm at'.

Look forward to becoming a regular, picking up useful advice and maybe sharing my limited knowledge where suitable.

Greetings all.

JDK

Welcome JD ... you're not quite in the Lakes District but not too far. You have a few lakes in your vicinity. Do you fish lakes or just streams? I do all my uploading from laptop so I can't help you with phone-loading. (I still use an old flip-lid phone. It'll take pix, but I've never tried to send them anywhere).

Soon as you can, we'd love to see your lakes/streams/fish/flies, etc.

Welcome from misty Scotland.

This forum has a lot of very knowledgeable people on it and I love the strict non politics, non religious aspect. Far too many other places dissolving under the current politics being mentioned on threads.

. Far too many other places dissolving under the current politics being mentioned on threads.

Agreed.

Thanks for the welcomes above, appreciated. Have done the still water / reservoirs for many a year but they just don't swing my preference for running water - even if the British weather scuppers 25% of planned river trips that were never an issue previously.

Ill have a root around - maybe this forum works on Tapatalk or such like (easy to upload pics) - I'm a technophobe and on top of that my PC is in a storage container a few miles away as we move house.

Best Wishes.

Welcome to the forum. For pictures, some people use photobucket and have ease using that. I just use the functions on here but for some reason I can never post multiple pictures :(

Have fun

Welcome!

Now, here is the real question...

Manchester United or Manchester City?

Liverpool ! Life on the edge :-)

No, not raining - not a summers day though by any stretch !