Fly Tying
deerhairdan

August Flies From the Vise

I was using evernote but found updates made it less user friendly and I've gone back to a little folder with printouts and cut outs. More patterns in there than I'll ever tie but good to know I'll not be short of inspiration.

attachicon.gifDSCN0482.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0483.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN0484.JPG

Having a bit of a play with the rolled foam body.

And yes that is a Danvise and yes that is a home made gallows set up in the back ground.

Just in case any one was going to ask lololol :)

Nice looking flies. Your getting that pattern perfected! Is the gallows for holding materials?

Thank you chuck..... Gallows tool for helping with parachute flies etc

Orange/pink scud

14103022_1294522063892432_77882781375173

Kimo

Great looking fly. But won't they ride upside down, with all the heavy epoxy/UV resin on top of the hook and all the lighter material on the bottom? Tried makeing some once, but couldn't get them to ride like i wanted, so i went back to bodystrech for the backshield. Im sure the fish won't mind, but i just don't like it

And yes that is a Danvise and yes that is a home made gallows set up in the back ground.

Just in case any one was going to ask lololol smile.png

looks like a variation of the "puterbaugh caddis"

5e9f0f531eef4a5a1837dc47c93c43b3.jpg

Been having some success with the Doc Spratley recently. Normally this is tied with a black body, silver rib, natural guinea for the tail/collar and natural peacock center tail fibers for the wing.The olive variation matches my dragonfly nymphs well. Have interested some nice smallmouth and largemouth with this pattern.

P8280038_zpslyllqftg.jpg

With the excess materials from tonight's ties, I decided to do up some large nymphs to trail along with the Spratleys. Should be interesting to see which gets ate first.

P8280044_zpsffxp21rs.jpg

Orange/pink scud

14103022_1294522063892432_77882781375173

Kimo

Great looking fly. But won't they ride upside down, with all the heavy epoxy/UV resin on top of the hook and all the lighter material on the bottom? Tried makeing some once, but couldn't get them to ride like i wanted, so i went back to bodystrech for the backshield. Im sure the fish won't mind, but i just don't like it

Just in case any one was going to ask lololol smile.png

looks like a variation of the "puterbaugh caddis"

5e9f0f531eef4a5a1837dc47c93c43b3.jpg

Yes it does doesn't it :)

Been having some success with the Doc Spratley recently. Normally this is tied with a black body, silver rib, natural guinea for the tail/collar and natural peacock center tail fibers for the wing.The olive variation matches my dragonfly nymphs well. Have interested some nice smallmouth and largemouth with this pattern.

P8280038_zpslyllqftg.jpg

With the excess materials from tonight's ties, I decided to do up some large nymphs to trail along with the Spratleys. Should be interesting to see which gets ate first.

P8280044_zpsffxp21rs.jpg

Nice food items Chuck...