Fly Tying
Mike West

Stacked Deer Hair Bass Swap..

Here's my sneak peek...that's all you get.

mine2_zpskkmfcnyf.jpg

Started tying last night and discovered I was out of black deer hair, drove 80 miles round trip today to get some..no exaggeration I have a kitchen trash bag full of deer hair and no black!

The mail man confused my to and from, so for that reason he delivered my flies back to me. Mike, I'm putting them back in the mail tomorrow so you should have them Saturday.

Hi,

Had an other thread going checking to see the interest in this and got enough interest to host it.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=83813

Here is the deal:

We will leave it open to 12 tiers if we don't get 12 we will go with what we have.

All tiers tie 6 flies you get 6 back, I'll be tying also of course so you don't get your own back.

The reason I'm going with 6 is because these flies are involved,time consuming and can be expensive to tie. If the group as a whole wants to tie the standard 12 that's fine with me.

The only rule is:

1. Has to be a Stacked Deer Hair Bass Bug with a Weed Guard. Bass bugs are useless without a weed guard.

Or tied Weedless IE: Bendback or Clouser Style.

It can be a Top Water or a Bottom Bouncing/Subsurface design.

And yes I'm going to fish mine.(hence the weed guard requirement) I don't care how pretty they are...they are not going to set on the mantle or desk with me,well at least not until I catch at least one fish with it and then maybe I'll retire it.

They can be any size or pattern they don't have to be the same...in other words all 6 flies can be different. You don't have to tie 6 of the same thing.

If that's how it goes what I will do is pick one set of 6 flies, pick one fly and have all the names in a hat, pull a name and that person gets that fly until we are done with that tier..ect.

If you can tie a decent stacked deer hair bass bug please join. Don't be shy because of some of the talent here. Just give it your best effort. It's all about fun,sharing and learning.

Standard Fly Swap Rules Apply.

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1515

Due Date is: 10-1-2016.....is that long enough?

Please be prompt.

Edit: Just a side note I'm good for 12 or I'll do the 6 and throw in some hand shaped cork/foam poppers in as some bonus flies.

You know what I don't like about these swaps? Hardly anyone ever posts what they got...I'll be taking pictures and posting every entry.

Edit: Closing this off at 6 tiers @6 flies each 8-26-2016

Unless someone just really wants to get in over the 6 count and everyone else agrees to tie an extra one or two.

Swap Meister: Mike West

1. josephcsylvia _6...Recieved

2. jjs89yj _6...Recieved

3. eastern fly_6

4. Crackleback _ 6....Recieved

5. vicente_6_Recieved

6. essequamvideri _6...Recieved I think no toe tag. Came in a clear Dakota box?

SUNOFABRICK!!!!!!

I knew there was something I was forgetting. I give you permission to name them what ever comes to mind. Sorry 'bout that.

Michael

As soon as Eastern Fly's stuff arrives I'll get these sorted out and sent off.

Nice stuff guys and Thx for the extras! Most appreciated.

essequamvideri,

I don't need to name them,they just need your name on them so folks know who tied it.

No big deal I did it also on my first swap.

any chance of pics? I need some hurricane viewing material lol

Lets just hope the power and cable stays on !!!!