Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

Pike&Musky flies from the vise!

More power to those who can throw a decent loop with that fly tied at the end, though.

I know I can't.

Having fished saltwater fly prior to trying for Musky, I'd say "decent loop" is a kind of relative term, lol.

Mike B

Adam....what is the material on the body behind the behind? The shorter, thinner parts that look like flash. Some kind of streamer brush or did you get some fine flash and make a loop?

They look awesome. Especially like the bleeding roach on the previous page.

J

Jokey! Thankyou! No brush, just flash spun in a dubbing loop, lately i've been trying longer flash & less of it, just keep a bodkin handy, spin a bit, untangle, spin a bit, wrap like a hackle holding fibres back as you go!

post-55238-0-24622100-1473958897_thumb.jpg Partridge Universal Predator #4/0, Fishskull 35mm articulated shank, Pro soft head & Fly rattles sound chamber! Also on the last 2, just forgot to mention! Friend told me some of his largest pike have been on this colour pink & blue in clear water!

post-55238-0-77874400-1474222265_thumb.jpg Partridge Universal Predator X #6/0, Fishskull 35mm articulated shank, Bauer power rattle, Jumbo & XXL Wiggle tails, Pro soft head! Not sure how two wiggle tails will swim together? But i can always take one off!