Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Adam Saarinen

Pike&Musky flies from the vise!

post-55238-0-02433300-1485588242_thumb.jpgpost-55238-0-46350400-1485588268_thumb.jpgYesturdays effort,Partridge Universal Predator X #6/0, Partridge 35mm articulated Intruder Shank, Bauer power rattle, 18mm eye's & Jumbo wiggle tail slim! Just have to put some UV resin between the eye's at work!

Thanks Tom! Last autumn was crap, only 1 big pike, another big one lost quickly, did have a 3' fish jump out of the water after my fly close to my float tube just as i started casting again! Was a lot of windy weather, cold came quick too! Always seemed to be at work on good days to fish, was seatrout fishing too & getting flies ready for Australia trip! Spawning pike might be here already in a month or 2? Try poppers in summer too!

We had a member of the Musky Swap 2017 drop out for personal reasons. So, we have one opening. Check out under the Swap section.

Details: 6 flies 4/0 or larger and 6.5 inches or larger due March 10th

attachicon.gifIMG_20170128_081317.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_20170128_082640.JPGYesturdays effort,Partridge Universal Predator X #6/0, Partridge 35mm articulated Intruder Shank, Bauer power rattle, 18mm eye's & Jumbo wiggle tail slim! Just have to put some UV resin between the eye's at work!

Curious what size rod you chuck that bug with? I see you use quite a bit of synthetic so it probably doesn't take on water like some of my bunny bugs. I sometimes find myself doing a chuck and duck!

Sounds like your pike fishing now is similar to mine, casting into a 8-10" hole through about 3' (90 cm) of ice.

The rod i use most for pike flies is the Vision Big Mama 8'4" 9wt! It's more friendly with big flies then a 9' 10wt, but for the mega flies & things that feel like a wet cat, i have Hardy Proaxis-X one piece 8'10" 11wt!