Fly Tying
mikechell

American Ninja Warrior !!!!

Before anyone says it, this has NOTHING to do with fishing ... that's why it's in "The Lodge"!!!

0.08 seconds !!! Michael Torres hits the bell with just eight hundredths of a second to spare !!!

Jessie Graff ... first woman to make it through stage one of the finals. And she's a pleasure to watch.

Only 8 participants make it through the stage ... with the other half to compete next Tuesday.

Trust me, people, if you haven't watched this show, yet, you really should. It's a blast to watch.

I hate that this show used ninja in it's name. The art of nijitsu is to blend in and vanish in a crowd, or any environment...Not compete for glory. If you ever met a real ninja i bet you would never even know it. South Korea is where they went after the Edo sanctions in the 1880s. Ban on carrying swords...but they were smart to split then.

BTW, Hey Steve, did the moss in that living rock bloom for you? I think it actually came from Thailand??? I don't know why DR.Mo told me it came from Hawaii??? That is the ninja secret.

Does anybody here know what the NBTHK is??? I lost 2 swords to their games...I can explain it well.

Used to watch the Japanese version back when Direct tv carried G4. Never had interest in the american version for some reason.

Ninjitsu = assassins, spies, poisoners, back stabbers ... in an open fight with a Bushido practitioner, they usually lost.

But, they were rumored to have almost uncanny abilities to scale walls, cross impossible obstacles, sneak into heavily fortified enclosures to complete their assassinations. These are the skills demonstrated in the show ... and very few people could do what these participants do. Almost like walking on bamboo fronds!

American Ninja Warrior ... it's a name ... and a great show. For those that want to see the original Japanese shows, there's a "Classic Ninja" marathon this weekend !!!

"The art of nijitsu is to blend in and vanish in a crowd, or any environment..."

If their specialty was to blend in, why did they have to escape to Korea? LOL.

Love the show.

It's a workout, just rooting for each person. The further they get the more you push for them to get to the finish. By the time they ring the bell, you're tensed up trying to reach it with them!

Ninjitsu = assassins, spies, poisoners, back stabbers ... in an open fight with a Bushido practitioner, they usually lost.

But, they were rumored to have almost uncanny abilities to scale walls, cross impossible obstacles, sneak into heavily fortified enclosures to complete their assassinations. These are the skills demonstrated in the show ... and very few people could do what these participants do. Almost like walking on bamboo fronds!

American Ninja Warrior ... it's a name ... and a great show. For those that want to see the original Japanese shows, there's a "Classic Ninja" marathon this weekend !!!

Most of that was due to peoples complete fear of facing them. They could vanish in an instant. That was their training from childhood. They are/were the most perfect terrorist.Look at all the BS about 911 conspiracies and you can understand how the myths of ninja skills got escalated. These challenges on tv are from bastardized forms of training. A true Nija could probably not get through half of those courses...But he could give the illusion of doing so. It is a mind game played on a scale most people could never begin to grasp.

I still try to live by Bushido...I admit that i suck at it. I have met true warriors...A couple came to be true friends. I still can't understand most of it. That is why it holds such legendary grace.

These challenges on tv are from bastardized forms of training.

I won't debate about how much "ninja" lore is myth ... Like any other religion, people believe what they want to. Nothing will change their minds.

The challenges on ANW have nothing to do with actual Ninjistu training (having some experience with it, I can say this).

Most of the course obstacles have never been seen before ... having been developed specifically for this.

Regardless of that ... the show is more than entertainment.

Even trying to get to the levels of fitness those people display would be a 200% or more improvement for most Americans.

The back stories on the participants are very compelling.

You are right...it is exciting to watch them strive at almost impossible goals...I just wish they had found a different name.

"The art of nijitsu is to blend in and vanish in a crowd, or any environment..."

If their specialty was to blend in, why did they have to escape to Korea? LOL.

Love the show.

Because the head Samurai casts with the Emperor's support decided to exterminate them. They slaughtered entire villages in an attempt to eradicate them...They failed.

NO kidding Steve !!! Who'd have guessed the Kacy Catanzaro would get as far as she did. Tiny little thing !!!

Very few of them look like they could complete the course ... and yet, they are superb athletes.