Fly Tying
flytire

September flies from the vise

Hi All

Adams Dry and Hopper

Tied a while back but have been playing with extension tubes on my DSLR. Just need a portable lighted studio box now

post-54218-0-15928500-1473637546_thumb.jpg

post-54218-0-90747400-1473637555_thumb.jpg

Bleached elk hair caddis.

The bleached hair seems awful dry and fragile.

Yes bleached hair always seems to be brittle :)

RP Midges for Joe Wright grayling.

Kimo

As usual ...I like it lol smile.png

Thanks Nick!

Kimo

Cream, maybe along the way it will catch fish and yes it does look cool ! But then one late summer I tied this grizzly matuka with gray body for an up an coming salmon trip ( don't ask why, it was on a hunch). So I get to Maine someplace 400 miles north of here that fall and on about the third cast with that matuka I landed a really nice salmon and it took the fly in full earnest too.. Yeah, the one and only fish I ever got on it. For three years I let that sucker sit on my vest patch and would try it here and there, never another taker. Finally rust set in on the hook, the hackle no longer looked fresh and I chucked it, never tied another one.

Cream, maybe along the way it will catch fish and yes it does look cool ! But then one late summer I tied this grizzly matuka with gray body for an up an coming salmon trip ( don't ask why, it was on a hunch). So I get to Maine someplace 400 miles north of here that fall and on about the third cast with that matuka I landed a really nice salmon and it took the fly in full earnest too.. Yeah, the one and only fish I ever got on it. For three years I let that sucker sit on my vest patch and would try it here and there, never another taker. Finally rust set in on the hook, the hackle no longer looked fresh and I chucked it, never tied another one.

There was some sarcasm in my post. Sorry. Gray/white/pink is my #1 streamer color. #2 would probably be gray/pink/white.