Fly Tying
Warren_G

Anyone know what this tool is for?

ok a little sloppy but if you bend the arms towards each other, that should tighten up around the spool

not everything works correctly right out of the box

most bobbin holders need a tweak now and then to have the thread spool out smoothly

That's no problem, like said above.

I also play with the arms of the tradtional wishbone design bobbins until I am happy with the tension.

The spring design makes this basically impossible to adjust. Pressing the ends together, even overlapping them, they just spring back to their original position.

The spring design makes this basically impossible to adjust. Pressing the ends together, even overlapping them, they just spring back to their original position.

Use 2 pair of needle nose pliers and bend the arms at those 90 degree bends to tighten up the thread tension.

I agree, trying to tighten the tension by bending the circular spring session would be frustrating, but you should be able to bend the arms and tighten them up.

Good luck!

You might have to apply force until the thing looks like a french horn to close the gap a little when it goes back to its place. Just be careful where you apply force and where you hold it.

put them back in the plastic bag and hide them in your tying room :)

return to using your old bobbin holders :)

Just use your finger on the bobbin as a drag or learn to squeeze as you tie. You get infinite settings on the go live time this way. Easy for me to say, I'm a piano player so my fingers move pretty independent to each other, even the elusive 4th digit..