Fly Tying
Alex C.

I quit smoking today

I went up to the store to get another pack and as I was waiting in line I decided that this was stupid. So I turned around went and grabed a pack of gum, and left. Wish me luck gun_bandana.gif smoke.gif

Good luck! I understand it is hard to break that habit. I had a college buddy that quit three times in one day! I read that you should take the cash that you would spend each week and put it a savings account. But your wife something or yourself something like a new flyrod, cataraft, or something like that. headbang.gif

Good for you, probaly one of the toughest things in the world to do as they say that nictone is more addictive than heroin. Good luck on quiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck skunked . Just put your money that you spend on smokes in a container every day for six months .at the end of the sixth month go out and by yourself a new fly rod. wink.gif again good luck

TL Miket

Thanks guys, I think the toughest cravings are gonna be when I go to work tomorrow. We can take a smoke break whenever we want( Union), looks like I am gonna have to earn my money till I get through the physical addiction. laugh.gif

Stick it out skunked, its gonna be tough.

I know , ive been smoke free for nine yrs now,and i still get cravings.

I used a simple two step process to quit.

Step one- Quit buying them

Step two comes when your friends stop letting you smoke theirs. biggrin.gif

Good luck quiting

Good luck skunked I've been smoke free a little over 3 years. The toughest thing I've ever done. I still get cravings to this day. I use nicorette. It worked for me, but I really wanted to quit. I still make sure I have a couple of pieces of nicorette to tackle those days when I want to break. May the force be with you.

Good luck, I have quit so many times its scary. I found that as soon as I get arround people that smoke its the hardest. I just go cold turkey for a while, its comming time for that again soon. No plans as of yet. Need one right now. Whish you well.

I stopped six weeks ago after smoking for some forty years.

I used the nicorettes which helped, but the primary motivation was the $$ ( Canadian!) saved. It wasn't easy for the first couple of weeks and I still would like to light up "just one". So far I have resisted the temptation.

It's a good decision on your part and I wish you all the best.

Regards

Good luck, it's the best thing you can do for yourself and not just monetarily. Drink lots of water and whenever you get the urge go for a walk, get out of the easy environment. Use the gum or the patch, much cheaper in the long run and you will feel much better.

Good luck man. I quit for awhile and started smoking cigars. Than once in awhile I'd bum a Marlboro of a buddy. Now no cigars only cigeretts. Disappointed in myself. They call you back. Stay strong. I'm a union guy myself. OH local 5 Bricklayer.

Don't give up skunked. It's been 3 years this month for me and it's hard even now, still crave once and awhile, like right now reading all these posts. The benefits of quitting are so much greater than the benefits of staying a smoker it's crazy! It's not easy, still isn't, but with the use of the patch I got through the worst of it. You can too. The main factor in a successful quitter is that they REALLY Have to WANT to Quit. If you don't really want to it's next to impossible. I get a kick out of some of the people at work that think cause they use the patch, the pill, or gum that this will stop them from smoking. Nothing can STOP you except YOU!

Good luck and think of all the tying supplies you could buy with all your savings.