Fly Tying

The Eat Me is one of our best selling flies and one of the most productive baitfish patterns around. The Ole Florida style Eat Me differs from Capt. Scott Hamilton's original in that all the materials are tied on top of the hook. This helps prevent fouling.

Due to popular demand, we've uploaded an Eat Me tying instructions video. The video includes tips on tapering the Super Hair and creating the epoxy head. Mastering those enables you to modify colors and size to match the baitfish that your target species is feeding on. The Olive/Polar Bear fly in the video is our standard pilchard imitation that consistently fools snook, tarpon, dolphin, albies and a multitude of other inshore and offshore saltwater species.

Video Instructions: Tying The Eat Me Fly (Ole Florida Style)

post-58370-0-10550900-1473279855_thumb.jpg

Materials:

This fly flat out works. I not only tie it as the original but have adapted the style with other materials like SF Flash Blend with really good results

post-18514-0-88287000-1473290928_thumb.jpg

post-18514-0-68039500-1473291000_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike. I've been tying several recently similar to this to try and get some river snook. Mine are ep with some material trimmed from my bucktail jigs. I've been using epoxy to shape the head and attach the eyes. I've never seen one with a head as pronounced as the "eat me". Pretty cool, and good to know it must be productive if you keep selling them.