Fly Tying
Adam Saarinen

It finally came!!!

Man, that's a beautiful looking vise and looks like it could withstand a grenade blast without a scratch. Those accessories sound great too, you can tie anything

That is definitely a nice setup. I like the versatility and articulation options for positioning the jaws. While I don't tie any tube flies, the vise seems well set up for that as well. Hopefully your grand kids will still be using this vise many years from now. In the meantime enjoy tying with it. In 50 years time, that vise will be a real value. That is the true mark of a good vise.

I like it a lot. MP makes good stuff! Take some cool pics with your awesome flies in it!

utyer! Thankyou! But no kids or grandkids for me. If everything goes to plan my sisters youngest son will end up with it & hopefully be a good flytyer & saltwater flyfisherman where he lives!?!

Congratulations on a great looking new vise. Too bad it has to come down to "how much" in so many purchases of top quality items. I'm looking for a new vise again since the last vise I really liked was the one Flatsroamer has after I traded him to upgrade. So far my upgrades have been disappointing to me. I would consider your vise because I love quality items that combine function with beauty. Right now the guy who waves the coffee cup around for hours without ever taking a drink has me leaning toward the Stonflo Transformer vise. Not a whole lot less than that one you have but also has some nice features and and looks good to boot. Again, enjoy that tool for years. Having a vise of that quality and beauty may not tie a better fly but makes tying them a whole lot nicer experience.

Mp makes nice scissors especially for big hands. Vic have you looked at jvice? It looks nice as does c and f reference vice. It would be hard to beat the one Adam has posted though.

I say to my wife, "This guy on the forum bought a really nice vise. May have to get one". She just looked up from the book she was reading and looked. I said it's only a $700 vise. I get a longer look.

Hey, she didn't say no.

I say to my wife, "This guy on the forum bought a really nice vise. May have to get one". She just looked up from the book she was reading and looked. I said it's only a $700 vise. I get a longer look.

Hey, she didn't say no.

I know that look. While the answer isn't no, it's a trick. She is waiting for you to buy it, then blow up on you. After getting yelled at for 2 days straight without her taking a breath, then she will make you sleep on the couch for 2 weeks after negating any chance of.... Well you know... Then she will make you return it, and go out and buy a $1000 purse with the money. When you ask about the purse she will then use the vise you bought as defense for her crazy purchase. All while making you feel like the worst, most uncaring person in the world for even wondering why she needs another purse. Then because you are such a "terrible" person she will make you feel like you won the lottery in marriage because how could someone so perfect as her, marry someone so low as you.

Is it worth it? Maybe... Hahahaha.

That's definitely the Swiss Army Knife of fly vices but I couldn't see where the beer bottle opener was.

Don't tell me for that money it doesn't have a bottle opener!?

It looks very well machined. Cool looking vise. Every detail looks perfect.

Funny how from the previous comments we all value different stuff. I would never spend that much on a vise, but a bamboo fly rod........

Interesting, if you smoke the average pack of cigarettes a day and quit and you live in the United States, you could buy two of those vises with the saved spending from your vice.

Good luck with that great vise.

I have one ot Pettijean's master vices, but it is the weighted pedestal model. The vise is beautifully designed and machined. I think the machining is second to none. I still prefer to tie on my jvice. The only reason is that the jvice is larger and offers more hand space around the jaws (and hook in the jaws).

I'm sure you will get great enjoyment tying on your Master Vise from Pettijean!!

Enjoy!!