Fly Tying
bigsky2

Pike/Walleye Video

Wow big fish and a gourmet menu, deluxe accommodations,no traffic. Great stuff thanks for sharing.

Good video. Loved the few hook sets, would've liked to see more. Beautiful fish.

Good looking Walleye, too. Now THERE'S some good eatin' !!!

Where is that if you don't mind sharing? Did you have a guide or just access to a boat and buddies?

I have walleye, perch and pike at my door step but nothing that big!

We had one big pike that unfortunately we weren't able to release. That was the one we were dipping in the butter. Otherwise we ate walleye for almost every meal. It was the best walleye lake I had ever been to as far as average size goes, no huge fish but they were all 18-24". You could catch as many as you wanted too.

I would have liked to get more hookup shots too, our 4th guy had to drop out so we ended up fishing 3 in a boat which was a little crowded and made for some pretty amateur film work.

It was in Manitoba and was unguided, they dropped us off at the lake and picked us up a week later. They stopped in once to restock our beer supply.

That's the way I would prefer to go. Would bring the cost down without guide and support staff, chef etc. I like cookin my own grub anyway.

Can't be to far north because walleye don't go that far north in Saskatchewan any way? I guess Far North is not the same for the likes of Mike and myself! I live near saskatoon saskatchewan which is not above the tree line and we do not live in igloos. Northern Manitoba has limited roads compared to Saskatchewan due to its swampy nature until you hit the Canadian Shield.

Did you fly out of Winnipeg?

LOL Corney ... If I'm the "Mike" you're refering to, then no, "far North" isn't the same.

"Far North" for me changes with the seasons.

Summer: "Far North" is ... Indiana ... maybe the Canadian border.

Winter: "Far North" is ... the Mason/Dixon line.

Your the Mike I was refering to!

I live in the North but the Far North in Canada calls my name. Until there is no more trees, then it's time to turn around! Lol

I like to go far enough North to catch big pike but it's a bonus to catch walleye for shore lunch!