Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Black Redfish Worm Vid!!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

smile.pngsmile.png

Nice lol

The IGPC, International Grammar Peace Corp

isnt that "International Grammar Peice Corp"

:)

IGPC to the rescue! It should be "International Grammar Piece Corps"... Oh, wait...!

As with any other fake international peace keeping force, the IGPC has no real deep knowledge of the grammar on the ground and so can easily defeat its own purpose. :D

One thing I will say about the music, some of you guys may not be aware but YouTube is very active in protecting usage rights, so unless you have permission from Metallica you wont be playing Enter Sandman and keeping your video up!

They have several free use tracks you can use but frankly they all suck lol

So dont beat him up too bad about his song choices.

I think you should use the music islander727 said & also maybe sesame street music? :-) When your older you can start tying soft hackles & use the music from The Partridge Family!:-)

Hey flats

On your next tying video just leave out the music in its entirety and then see what the reviewers complain about

Guys I agree

But how did you guys like the video? Please don't hijack my thread for the billionth time

Flats, most threads wonder off a bit and then get back on track. Telling people not to wonder or Hi jack is not likely to work and quickly gets people to start ignoring your posts.

Not to mention Mike telling you about spelling was completely on topic as you asked us what we thought about your video and that was in the video.

On the fly and video.

Nice job keeping things moving. If I was tying it I would turn the Zonker strip over since the fly is going to ride point up on the bottom id want the fur up for movement.

Figure eight around the eyes not only builds up a taper but helps protect the threads. One thing I noticed you never do, atleast not on camera is head cement or put something on the front threads. It helps alot with durability.

I think you meant to use wander not "wonder", and "atleast" isn't a word. At least a bit ironic.

Guys I agree

But how did you guys like the video? Please don't hijack my thread for the billionth time

Flats, most threads wonder off a bit and then get back on track. Telling people not to wonder or Hi jack is not likely to work and quickly gets people to start ignoring your posts.

Not to mention Mike telling you about spelling was completely on topic as you asked us what we thought about your video and that was in the video.

On the fly and video.

Nice job keeping things moving. If I was tying it I would turn the Zonker strip over since the fly is going to ride point up on the bottom id want the fur up for movement.

Figure eight around the eyes not only builds up a taper but helps protect the threads. One thing I noticed you never do, atleast not on camera is head cement or put something on the front threads. It helps alot with durability.

I think you meant to use wander not "wonder", and "atleast" isn't a word. At least a bit ironic.

Is there a reason you are correcting me? I was not the person correcting spelling in the video. So you have improperly used the word ironic sir! ;)

FlatsRoamer- I applaud your efforts. If more young men such as yourself had the drive and work ethic to do things like this the world would be a better place.

I'm a lot like Mike, spelling and grammatical errors make me cringe. The last functional English course I took was in 10th grade, and I had a very good teacher, Mr. Smith.

From what I have seen through the decades since, his 10th grade English was easily the equivalent of anything required to get a Bachelor's Degree today. Words have meaning. Punctuation has meaning. Grammar matters. Anyway-

I don't care for music in instructional videos, to each his own. I also don't want to hear heavy breathing (in fly tying videos) or see ridiculous backgrounds.

You're doing well.

Read the description...

"The zonker drives the fish nuts, it really does the job for you. Just cast it at a fish, twitch it and set the hook. It works 99% of the time!"

​This hardly addresses any of the things I raised. If you mean your video to be instructional, which I can only assume that is what you are gong for, then you need to add more information. This is especially so for a youtube video like this, one on a fly that already has a better, more informative video on the exact same fly on youtube. Your video would be OK (still not great) if it was for a fly you designed yourself (assuming the fly was actually tested and proven to work), but since it is not, and If you want your video to be relevant, then you need to add as much helpful information as possible.

The reason guys like Hans Weilenmann and Davie McPhail make awesome videos isn't just because they tie awesome flies and have great camera work, its because they actually explain their techniques and why they do things the way they do. If your ultimate goal is to help people learn to tie a fly and learn about technique, then you should strive to emulate the guys who do it best. If your goal is simply to tell the world "look what I can do", which seems to be the aim of a lot of youtube videos these days, then disregard anything I have said and keep doing what your doing.

I 100% agree with Mike in this circumstance. Misspellings on a forum is one thing, however publishing a video with misspellings, in my opinion, does a disservice the poster and their product. And why the backlash on Mike promoting correct spelling and good grammar? I felt like he was trying to help, which the OP asked for. ANY TIME you post something online, you are opening up yourself to ridicule, but trying to gather a following for your videos that aren't edited just seems ridiculous to me. Why would anyone want to come across as ignorant? ESPECIALLY in the snobby fly fishing world.

Regardless, I encourage you to continue making videos Flats. I also encourage you to have put an extra set of eyes on the video before publishing. When we work on our own projects and review them ourselves to make edits, we miss a lot. A different set of eyes goes a long way. If you want to make a professional appearing production, put the extra effort in. (We are too focused on immediate gratification)

Ok guys, I will take all of your suggestions into account, hopwefulyl it shows

And I'm going to have my dad proofread it. Mike you would like him, hes a lot like you