Fly Tying
SilverCreek

“Cleaning Up” with Mop Flies

Was there supposed to be a video on that post, Silver? I just got a link to some page ... and I rarely click on links.

Guest rich mc

cant get more than a paragraph with out wsj running the ad. i have been tying with mop nubs since april they work rich mc

Guest rich mc

forgot to mention to look at the noodle rugs at walmart they make better flies rich mc

Thanks for the link Silver. Interesting article. The mop has been my go to for a while now, and while I understand the appeal of fishing flies that actually match the insects hatching, I have fun fishing the mop.

Ok maybe I'm living in to small of a town but I've been to Walmart, Dollar General, and Dollar Tree, Walmart and Dollar General were the only 2 that had any think like it but the pieces of Chenille were only about 1/2 in long and the only color they had was blue where are you guys finding all the different colors ??? and from what I saw on a you tube video the pieces of Chenille looked to be about 1 in long. OH and does anybody know how many colors they make theses' things in

Guest rich mc

i got blue from a dollar store sold as a duster, orange and white from farm and fleet . orange was 1.5 inches . i also have yellow, fl green, fl yellow. black came from a dust mop at meiers cant find cream color but they take marker very well rich mc