Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Think I've Decided, but ...

Guys do you think i could make short fly fishing films with this camera?

download the manual and read about it

You can make short fly fishing films with any camera. Quality just gets better depending on what you're filming with.

With that camera and some basic editing software you should be able to make some films

Ah yes, editing software...

I have been using Movie Maker for my fly tying videos, but recently tried out Imovie and i hated it

Are there any recommendations you guys have, as long as its free?

Probably not going to get a whole lot better programs for free. If you want a good program is try trial versions of the pay editors find one you like and if you have a frys electronics locally check on sales and rebates for it regularly.

Movie Maker is a very good program. Might not get you on the big screen, but it's more than sufficient for Internet.

The best free for windows I can think of, other than Movie Maker, is the built in video editor in the free animation software called Blender. But it has a learning curve, so no pain, no gain.

There are other options for Linux, but that is even more of a learning curve.

What was wrong with Movie Maker and iMovie?

GoPro Studio is free and will edit video files that are not GoPro files.They have to be converted to H.264 MP4 format. The windows movie maker will convert any file and then just import it into GoPro.I use GoPro to edit my canon 6D video files.

http://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Hey Steve. I tried the GoPro editor when I first got my camera. I found it ... difficult ... and hard to get the effects I wanted. I tried Movie Maker and loved it, right from the start.

Did it take you a while to get good with the GP software? Maybe I just didn't try on it long enough.

GoPro Studio is free and will edit video files that are not GoPro files.They have to be converted to H.264 MP4 format. The windows movie maker will convert any file and then just import it into GoPro.I use GoPro to edit my canon 6D video files

I forgot that one. Easier than Blender for sure.

For converting video files I use Handbrake, another free (open source) gem.

Hey Steve. I tried the GoPro editor when I first got my camera. I found it ... difficult ... and hard to get the effects I wanted. I tried Movie Maker and loved it, right from the start.

Did it take you a while to get good with the GP software? Maybe I just didn't try on it long enough.

Mike i found that it took a little getting used to but after trying to edit a few video's i got the hang of it.It works better for me with really large files.It will process them faster than other programs i have tried.It does a great job with what i use it for.For some reason i have always had problem's using movie maker.Probably some stupid user error i am causing.I also have a program named NCH Software.It works good for quick editing.I think they have a free version too.

GoPro Studio is free and will edit video files that are not GoPro files.They have to be converted to H.264 MP4 format. The windows movie maker will convert any file and then just import it into GoPro.I use GoPro to edit my canon 6D video files

I forgot that one. Easier than Blender for sure.

For converting video files I use Handbrake, another free (open source) gem.

I have not tried Blender. I have never tried any animation.