Fly Tying
flytire

preparing wax for fly tying - davie mcphail

Flytier, are you Mr. McPhail? Or are you just reposting something you like from him?

Almost spit out my coffee when I read this. Not at your question Mac, but at the thought.

Now now McFlyLures, don't get jealous that Davie Mcphail is getting extra views because flytire posted his video here! Maybe you should look at PPAP pen pineapple apple pen for inspiraation? Almost 150 million views in one month!

I can't believe I watched a video on preparing wax. Okay I only watched half of it but it's still a minute lost forever.

Using a lot of wax on flies stored in high heat-like the American desert west can be troublesome. The wax can leech out in the fly box. Heck-my fly tying room gets hot enough in the summer (high 80's F-even with small ac unit struggling) that when I tye the bobbin holder tubes get clogged with wax from just regular use using Uni Threads with wax. Car trunks get to over 150F in the summer here...so just saying.. watch the wax. I saw a video where Mikael Frodin recommended not using wax when building his flies either for the same reason. Not trying to start a wax war thread. That video was a good one. Especially since I was curious about Davie's method for his hand-mounted wax.. Thanks

I can't believe I watched a video on preparing wax. Okay I only watched half of it but it's still a minute lost forever.

LOL ... I am SURE you've wasted more than a minute on other activities !!!

Goes back to the old adage, there's no such thing as a stupid question. To someone out there (probably many people) that video might be necessary.

I won't say there are no stupid videos, however.

Goes back to the old adage, there's no such thing as a stupid question.

Come spend a day in my office and you will re-examine that statement!

J

Ok I see some of you took my question the wrong way. I asked because I respect McPhail and his channel. He is a great tier and thought that if flytier was him, I would be able to tell him that I love his stuff. No jealousy, no frustration, only excitement to be able to say some nice things to someone I respect. Not sure why some of your minds went only to the negative.

Although it is strange that flytire has not responded to either confirm or deny that he is Davie..............

flytire working with mikechell intently looking on.

post-47911-0-43031700-1478124936_thumb.jpg

That ain't mikechell he's tying on a LAW vise...ain't no way that cheap SOB would buy a LAW vise!

Unless he found it on sale at the Dollar Store.

wink.png

Seriously McFly....learn to not take stuff so seriously. No one is getting negative on you. Why assume that what someone said was negative? You might just be a little too sensitive to be posting so much on messages boards.

J