Fly Tying
flytire

preparing wax for fly tying - davie mcphail

On 11/2/2016 at 1:13 AM, McFlyLures said:

Flytier, are you Mr. McPhail? Or are you just reposting something you like from him?

to answer an almost 4 year old question, i am not davie mcphail as i do not live in scotland

and i am not "flytier" as that would be associated with hans weilenmanns web page

and it is irrelavant as to why i posted a davie mcphail video. it was back then as it is now

i dont have a youtube channel now or in the foreseeable future

On 11/2/2016 at 6:17 PM, FIN-ITE 34 said:

flytire working with mikechell intently looking on.

post-47911-0-43031700-1478124936_thumb.jpg

squatch would never let that happen 😁

giphy-downsized.gif

5 hours ago, McFlyLures said:

I get a lot of flak on this site.

What the hell, man?  You haven't been put down for a very long time.  Why bring this thread from 2016 up to complain?  Somebody pee in your Wheaties this morning?

16 minutes ago, mikechell said:

What the hell, man?  You haven't been put down for a very long time.  Why bring this thread from 2016 up to complain?  Somebody pee in your Wheaties this morning?

To be honest, this popped up, and I saw it.  I thought it was something I recently commented on.  Haha!  I didn’t read further down or check the date.  I responded and then didn’t realize how old it was until someone commented the date on it.  lol!    As for not gotten flak for a few years this isn’t true.  Not from you anymore and I appreciate that we have come to an understanding.  But it does still happen.  Either way it doesn’t matter.  

as to flytier.  I’m sorry, I didn’t know you then.  I respect Davey quite a lot, I think he is an amazing tier.  I saw you posted it, those years back and I thought I’d ask if you were him so I can tell you how great you are.  Sorry to offend or bother you.  Lol!   I know now that you’re not him.  But I didn’t then.  I was new onto the site then, and yeah.  Your still a great tier now that I have seen your work since I joined the site.  I wasn’t trying to say anything negative just asking a question.  

14 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Ps...  I tried to delete the comment right after I realized how old this thread was.  Haha!  But I couldn’t.  Oh well...  

Okay ... I was wondering if you were going off the deep end with COVID isolation sickness.  (It's like cabin fever, only fake!)

33 minutes ago, mikechell said:

Okay ... I was wondering if you were going off the deep end with COVID isolation sickness.  (It's like cabin fever, only fake!)

Well I do have Covid cabin fever.  Haha!  Not actual Covid, I’m not sick, but mentally, I think I’m a little isolated.  Well all ive got to talk to are a 2yo and 6yo...  so maybe I am loosing it.  

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I said hello on the forum and for some reason this thread popped up so that is me tying flies in the photo and I think it was around 7 years ago in Calgary, Canada. The gentleman on the left is Geoff Pieroway of http://www.pierowayrods.com a lovely man and makes a wonderful rod which I still use today for dry fly and wet fly fishing on my local waters.I hope you are all well and stay safe..

All the very best Davie McPhail...

post-47911-0-43031700-1478124936.jpg

Wow, cool as heck.  Thanks for putting an end to that 4 year old mystery, Mr McPhail. 

I'm not one to watch videos much, but yours are certainly the first I turn to when I do. Thanks for all the great instructions and beatiful flies over the years

What a great old and new post 🤣🤣🤣

Tightlines Peaty Mann and everyone else in the house .

5 hours ago, Peaty Mann said:

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I said hello on the forum and for some reason this thread popped up so that is me tying flies in the photo and I think it was around 7 years ago in Calgary, Canada. The gentleman on the left is Geoff Pieroway of http://www.pierowayrods.com a lovely man and makes a wonderful rod which I still use today for dry fly and wet fly fishing on my local waters.I hope you are all well and stay safe..

I love your videos Davey,  Thanks for making them.  You do great work.  

5 hours ago, Peaty Mann said:

Hi Everyone,

A big thank you Davy!   Your videos more than any other resource are how I learned to tie.  I recommend your channel to anyone I meet on the river who expresses an interest in learning.  It's nice to know you drop by here from time to time!

Thank you Everyone,

I'm glad you all enjoy the videos and thank you for the kind words as it means a huge amount to me.. My inspiration comes from you all as the questions and requests for a pattern keeps me on my toes as I'm always thinking how I could answer them and with what pattern would do this best..

All the very best Davie..

I'm the real Davie! Okay I gues I've been outed. Love your videos. In my top three. I really like your hopper patterns and pretty much just tie and fish them anymore. Keep it up I still have a lot to learn and anytime I want to try something new I always see what your up to since you are ever evolving patterns with a unique twist that crosses the big pond without issue.