Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bimini15

Car trouble.

Blinker fluid comes from the same company that sells Muffler Bearings. They also produce products for the aviation field, like "Flight Line" in 100 foot rolls ... and five gallon buckets of "Prop Wash."

Hey, can i about 100 of those 5gal buckets of prop wash...It really sets your hair back.

Oh ... and don't forget, all Y'all ... Winter's almost here. It's time to get your tires filled with antifreeze air.

Oh ... and don't forget, all Y'all ... Winter's almost here. It's time to get your tires filled with antifreeze air.

I wish it were that easy.I just had calcium and water put in the tractor tires for the winter.PIA.

I wish it were that easy.I just had calcium and water put in the tractor tires for the winter.PIA.

Two things: why? And how?

I can see removing the valve cores to fill the tires with the stuff, but why the stuff?

Water adds weight to the rear tires and calcium chloride prevents them from freezing solid.The added weight helps get through mud and snow.We use a pump and a water hose with a fitting for the tire valve.Like i said it a pain to do.

Yeah, you wouldn't want antifreeze air ... it's lighter than helium. You can't use that stuff in small cars, they almost float.

Don't forget your trunk filters, either. Keeps the cold beetles from getting in there.

Water adds weight to the rear tires and calcium chloride prevents them from freezing solid.The added weight helps get through mud and snow.We use a pump and a water hose with a fitting for the tire valve.Like i said it a pain to do.

Just learned something.

An update to close this thing.

In the end, I bought a code scanner and took to the internet for advice fron CRV owners.

Took it to the dealer, but not mine, because it gets the crappiest reviews, and now I know why.

This other dealer came up with the same diagnosis as the Autozone guys and my own scanner.

No need for an extra transmission overhaul or a new VSA unit, and they did the other recalled airbag service that my dealer had me waiting for since September.

So the good news is that now I know a better place for service and in the end I spent hundreds, not thousands, blinker fluid and trunk filters included... ;)

Not really.

The oil change did not happen at the time of the first recalled airbag service, according to my records. Trying to figure out why service light has not come on since... So, as a result, the oil change was overdue, and I am not sure why some much of it was gone. I have had cars that burned some, but... Something does not add up in this whole picture.

Here is the kicker. At around 75,000 miles, that is 16 months ago or so, my wife did a transmission fluid service at the same dealer. But the mechanic that recently suggested the transmission overhaul warned me that there was no tranny fluid in the pan. So again...

Thinking about doing my own oil and AT fluid from now on.