Fly Tying
bass master

Best Fly tying web site.

As a beginner I do have a laptop by my bench. I have watched many You Tube videos and found a lot that are good. But I came across in the riffle.. http://intheriffle.com/ Check it out, step by step flies of all types and skill level. Easy to understand. Has tips and tricks. And a sections on knots and how to section. What are your favorite sites you go to.

As a beginner I do have a laptop by my bench. I have watched many You Tube videos and found a lot that are good. But I came across in the riffle.. http://intheriffle.com/ Check it out, step by step flies of all types and skill level. Easy to understand. Has tips and tricks. And a sections on knots and how to section. What are your favorite sites you go to.

You are here at number 1, anything with Hans Weilenmann, and FAOL-FlyAnglersOnLine are also frequently consulted.

Here and those videos are fully responsible for how much i got better. But there is nothing like getting personal feedback on your own fly, which is why I prefer here..

Im a beginner as well this sight is by far my favorite! I also like flyfishfood.com. I don't really posses the skill or materials to tie all of their patterns but they have tons of tutorials and you can buy materials from their site as well. In fact I think the forum member cheech is one of the head honchos! Check them out if you have the time.

Yup he is, he is a cool dude. They are also very big on Instagram, 56k followers I believe! Compared to my fly tying account which has 270 lol

Flats, Yeah I follow him he's from Utah and am I so am I. So, I thought I would do a little campaigning LOL. They also opened up fly shop in Orem, Utah, which I totally plan to hit it up next time Im in that neck of the woods!

What's your instagram name? I'll give you a follow.

There are lots of people here who have cool videos and blogs, with and without commercial interest.

Many do not self promote much, so pay attention to signatures and posts.

Beyond this site GlobalFlyFisher also has a bunch of good videos, but Youtube still has the motherload.

It's been mentioned, but this is the only other site I've been to where I REALLY liked the tutorials.

Al Campbell's series is great for a beginner.

There are several sites and you tube channels to visit. Some of the most popular ones have been mentioned. But nothing can beat taking a few classes and getting your questions answered quickly.

Once you have some of the basics visit those sites to gain more knowledge. I still do this as a refresher and it seems I go away with some sort of trick or technique.

As far as which one is best, that's like asking who makes the best vise. It's up to you, which one fills your needs.

I'm a fan of intheriffle videos as well. Not only are they well made but they also have plenty of fly fishing and tying experience. youtube is great but every year there are more and more posers posting tying videos because they are experts with a smart phone yet not so expert at their tying or fishing. Charlie Craven, davie mcphail, tightlinevideo, Johnny Utah, Kelly Galloup, and Jim Misiura are some of my favorites.

I learn something every week from this site. A collection of expert tiers in one place is a great resource.

It's been mentioned, but this is the only other site I've been to where I REALLY liked the tutorials.

attachicon.gifFAOL.jpg

Al Campbell's series is great for a beginner.

awesome visual - fixes a problem I've had for years trying to guide people to the FAOL Beginning Fly Tying pages.

Can I steal it?