Fly Tying
carpflyguy

Junk Fly Swap

They're missing the Omaha Omaha boy !

For sure, better to have the Offensive Coordinator taking the snap- if you can get it. Not to mention Hall of Fame guy in the locker room... LightNing in a bottle last year....

Would you guys be interested in something like this?

6497023_orig_zpsygwd9ear.jpg

Saw it online and it seemed to fit the bill. Would likely tie the tail as it is on most greenie weenies but add rubber legs to make it a little more interesting. I know I don't have the number of posts but I did the christmas swap with vic so was thinking maybe I could get an exception lol.

There are no minimum posts required to be on a swap. The post minimum and amount of swap participation applies only to run a swap.

I'm thinking since I still have material sitting around straight from England to tie some "Blob" flies. This is supposed to be a killer for stocked trout in lakes especially. Though they hardly require any particular talent to tie there is a big of care in packing wraps as you lie them on so I won't feel too guilty tying these.

I'm in but what exactly is considered a junk fly? Something that we just came up with screwing around?

I'm in but what exactly is considered a junk fly? Something that we just came up with screwing around?

Flies that don't imitate anything in particular and are generally just attractors.

Including, bur not limited to, eggs, flesh flies, worms, squirmy worms, mop flies, green weenies, etc

Junk fly definition for Add147 ... any fly tied with chair fabric, carpet fibers, old clothes pieces, plastic and salvage threads from a trip through the neighborhood on trash day. Hooks may be new, but all other materials must be salvaged from other's garbage.

Junk fly definition for Add147 ... any fly tied with chair fabric, carpet fibers, old clothes pieces, plastic and salvage threads from a trip through the neighborhood on trash day. Hooks may be new, but all other materials must be salvaged from other's garbage.

Covered it

Come on Mike, jump in on this swap... There will be plenty of bass and panfish food, know you been scroungin in the alleyways.... this is a zero cost swap, postage only needed to get 12+ patterns. I will send a special "float or cork or bobber or strike indicator" just for you, if this challenge is accepted....

No, Flat Rock. I appreciate the invite.

Past experiences have convinced me ... I am not "cut out" for swap tying.

I truly hope you have a great swap, and I like watching the forum ... but the participation part isn't for me.