Fly Tying
carpflyguy

Junk Fly Swap

I'm done tied a Sawyer's Killer Bug variant #12 scud hook ,sliver bead and a chartreuse hot spot..

I need an address please ..

Steve - stabgnid

add_zpsibsmeih9.jpg

This is what I'm thinking. Size 10 egg hook, medium bead chain eyes, sparse dubbing loop of mouse grey rabbit. Feedback encouraged.

post-0-0-20710800-1480908149_thumb.jpg

Sounds good, we should have a nice variety.

I've had some fun days smashing stocked bows on pellet flies

Nothing junk about a Sawyer Killer Bug. Caught tons of fish over the years and should be in every box.

Hazathor, except for mine being lime green with a green beadhead and green hackle we'll have twins. One for dirty water and one for clean.

I'm also thinking I might swap out the bead chain for x-small lead eyes. The bead chain has worked fine in still or slow moving water, but fast water would need a little more weight.

Nothing junk about a Sawyer Killer Bug. Caught tons of fish over the years and should be in every box.

Hazathor, except for mine being lime green with a green beadhead and green hackle we'll have twins. One for dirty water and one for clean.

The killer bug - The yarn was gave to me by somebody here on the forum can not remember who the hooks I had and also the beads so I thought it fit the bill

Steve-stabgnid

Chances are good the yarn was mine. I got the supposed generic replacement for the original and sent several yard hunks to a bunch of people on this board and another one. Even bluegills will kill those bugs and you know how picky they are.

Since people are sending pics this is what I just finished up tonight. Chartreuse with green hackle and bead. Imported from England Pink Blob material, internally weighted to suspend.

DSC01649 (2).JPG DSC01650 (2).JPG

A few arrived today, the list is updated. Everything is looking fantastic so far. I think this could be one of the most useful swaps I've been a part of in terms of ending with a set of flies that will slam the fish all year long. Rarely do I finish a swap with so many flies that will undoubtedly catch fish almost ANYWHERE I throw them! Keep it up guys!

I will do a complete set of pictures too, because although we've already seen many of them here, there's a lot of inspiration to be had.