Fly Tying
eastern fly

Fishing Glasses Question

Actually, I haven't bought a pair of sunglasses in several years.

Walmart also had these, last two times I've filled my prescription:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Easytwist-Men-s-Eyewear-Frame-With-Magnetic-Clip-On/22211173

Free frames with my insurance ... so I don't wear the Strike Kings any more.

But before these, they were all I wore, so I still "promote" them when the question comes up. Wore them for many, many years with no apparent damage to my eyes. (I didn't need glasses until I was near 50)

... get a pair of ray bans for free that someone left in the lighter confiscation bag at the air port ...

And for that price ... I might try a pair if I ever get that price !!!

You might get lucky, I was getting my I'd out and saw them in there and thought those look nice, couldn't tell what they were and asked the lady if I could grab then and she said sure, sometimes you just get lucky.

Looked at Zenni's site and didn't see any 8 base curve frames. Straight frames may look nice but to me are useless on the water.

... causes your brain to work overtime working out the depth perception issues.

That's a pretty good reason to rethink my stance. If my cheap glasses are causing my brain to work overtime ...

Well, Wife is convinced she can see through my ears because of the lack of mass between, so overtime is definitely a bad thing !!!

several years ago I had to get an MRI of my head. I printed several frames which clearly showed I did indeed have a brain, and used as proof more than once when my wife insisted I didn't...

Sorry you needed an MRI ... but cool that you have proof. Based on your military preference, I am as surprised as she, I think.

I wear glasses for vision correction, I have tried contacts and they don't work great for me. I have a pair of Colombia polarized glasses I love but don't wear the contacts that much to get use of them. I'm more comfortable wearing my glasses when I fish, so I use Coccoons fit overs. They work great for me, I am on my second pair of them. The first pair eventually got scratched and damaged pretty well from hard use.