Fly Tying
vicrider

Last Santa thread of the year...

Okay Horseshoes...One down, one to go. Li'l Dave is still waiting but yours getting there gives me hope.

Okay Horseshoes...One down, one to go. Li'l Dave is still waiting but yours getting there gives me hope.

They took the long way home. Lol

Great box Wmw4 they should all do well here.

Kudu glad you liked your box, let me know how that spook works if you fish it it was my first attempt.

vicente

The spook will never be fished can't risk losing it! It was my favorite in the box. They were all great. Happy New Year.

Guys I would think it would something that kind of came along with this swap that you should let the tier know that you got his flies... right?

And Dave, come spring I am trying those gurglers and deerhair/marabou thing on some tarpon!

Great box Wmw4 they should all do well here.

Kudu glad you liked your box, let me know how that spook works if you fish it it was my first attempt.

vicente

The spook will never be fished can't risk losing it! It was my favorite in the box. They were all great. Happy New Year.

Glad you like it, I was pretty happy with the way it came out.

Bob dadofmolly is his user name I think this is the only swap I've seen him on and maybe the only post. This over got some new members and people that don't normally participate I think.

Vicrider; Thank you for hosting this and all of your work. This was my first swap and when I opened the package from Wetsock my reaction was "WOW" what a fantastic set of flies. All of the pictures I took came out blurry so will have to attach pictures later.

Fishingbobnelson... He's a member.

I got mine from Dave, and how lucky was I!! Awesome ties mate!!

Who got my set?

Flats- I got your set. They are a great looking bunch of flies! Thanks buddy!

Guess it was the flies that I tied that got lost. Sorry L'il Dave I had requested that they be sent to you. Was looking

forward to telling you some a few stories behind a few of those flies. If I ever get the saltwater stuff out again I'll try

to send some along sometime in the new year .

Horseshoes your flies are beautiful. I learned to flyfish up in Cape Breton when I was a boy with the help of

two old Scotsman from Sydney. Those memories of fishing Nova Scotia never leave me.

Netabrookie your drys are outstanding and I keep them on my tying desk as an inspiration when I'm tying dries. After my skill comes up a bit and my boxes are filled I plan to take your flies west with me this summer and fish them in Montana . If I can manage I'll take a picture of trout and fly and send it along.

Thanks everyone for the swap and a Happy New Year to all.

Mogup

Mogup,

It's all good, I appreciate that the thought was there, really, I do. These things happen, and I still live in hope. I have seen the pictures of the address and all on the parcel Vicrider sent, and the address was correct. This is only the second time in the nearly 10 years I have been a member that flies have gone missing or taken the long route.

I will make a point of letting you and Nick know when they arrive. Yes, I said it.

Thanks again, and I'm stoked that everyone else has received and are enjoying their presents :)