Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyFlyGuy

Musky Fly Swap 2017

Flat Rock native,

Your flies arrived today. The package is intact and the flies look great! I look forward to seeing their action in the water? I think that the tail will be mesmerizing. How deep do you normally work them? I have updated the list. Musky season here opens in a little less than four months. Right now that seems like an eternity.

Tom

Flat Rock native,

Your flies arrived today. The package is intact and the flies look great! I look forward to seeing their action in the water? I think that the tail will be mesmerizing. How deep do you normally work them? I have updated the list. Musky season here opens in a little less than four months. Right now that seems like an eternity.

Tom

Our TigerMusky lake is relatively shallow, 7-15 feet, we try to stay in the zone about 2 feet off the bottom. A bonus is that when we fish these big patterns we start picking up LM Bass in the 3-4 lb. range, when the usual size is about half of that. Looking forward more than usual to spring thaw this year...

Decisions,

Your flies arrived today. I have updated the first page. The flies look great and are going to work. Thanks for the double 10s. "Big Nasty" is looking forward to throwing them. I like the color combinations. Do you normally fish rocks or weeds?

Tom

Glad to hear.

Now I am all excited to see what all the other flies are going to catch! Come on guys....... send them in! LOL

Nothing better than fishing the rocks. Something about casting right on the edge and a Muskie grabs it on the first strip, or so Iv'e been told. I have never fished for muskie on the fly. Gimme a Lexa 400 HSL with an Okuma heavy 9ft'r it'll be a different story!

Mike,

Your flies arrived today. You did a wonderful job on them! They will not only push water, but on the strip will present a profile to a following fish and then get creamed. Thanks for the extra!! Waiting on two more people and I can send out the flies. Everyone is going to be very pleased with the flies. You will be able to fish this set throughout the season. I will keep you posted when the remaining flies arrive.

Tom

Guys sorry I haven't been real active in the thread. I have been super busy and this is the first time my flies will be late. They will be in the mail tomorrow with priority shipping.

WVUontheFLY,

Your flies arrived today and they are beauties! Thanks for the extras! When I receive the final set, I will get them right out.

Tom

This swap is now completed. We were short one I have taken pictures, that I will post next week. I will get them in the mail tomorrow. Each swapper will also get one of their flies back. If the swapper's flies show up, I will mail them back to him.

On the bright side, the six flies you are getting are a wonderful collection and you can use them on various waters throughout the year. The flies are very creative and tied with exceptional skills. Since Muskies are a low-incidence fish, these flies could last several seasons. I have also included a surprise for each swapper. Thanks for participating an have a great fishing season!

Tom

Thank you Tom, and all, this is going to be very exciting to see all the bad beasts. Hoping to find some 60 Degree water as soon as possible, according to Barry Reynolds, this is when the feast is best? Anything with open water is fine with me at the moment. Best luck to all:)

Flies were delivered to the Post Office at 12:15 CDT today. Most of you will have them by the middle of next week. If you need the tracking number, I have it. Can anyone explain to me how to get the photos of the flies down to a size that will be postable? I am no Ansel Adams, but I like my camera pictures better than the phone ones.

Tom

Flies were delivered to the Post Office at 12:15 CDT today. Most of you will have them by the middle of next week. If you need the tracking number, I have it. Can anyone explain to me how to get the photos of the flies down to a size that will be postable? I am no Ansel Adams, but I like my camera pictures better than the phone ones.

Tom

Review the recent thread "Inconoclastic Irreverence..." where Mike and Bimini hijack my thread about lures and provide Useful information about uploading photos. In the Lodge!

Probably much to their chagrin, it has been working quite well for me, at least on Windows 10 devices.....