Fly Tying
flytire

January Flies from the Vise

Just because I used that hook doesn't mean you have to also. Just tie them or any other fly on whatever brand, style, size that you want

I've never needed size 28 to fish the San Juan river or any other river and have caught my fair share of fish

Mike! Those are neat! I like then and I'm sure te fish will too! Is it just me or are you branching out from your usually few patterns? Pretty soon you'll be tying all kinda of crazy fun things you'll never use, like me! :P :D ;)

BCT ... You still have some "learnin'" to do ... Kimo is STILL the king of the scud patterns!!

Thank you, fisherboy. I, intentionally, left the "hackle" (craft fur dubbing loops) long and messy. Bluegill usually like leggy flies.

Yes, I've tried some new things (way outside my normal fishin' flies) ... but it's the result of weeks in a hotel without fishing gear or other hobbies. At home, I've got a bunch of other projects that share time with fly tying. Don't get your hopes up, LOL, it's only a temporary cabin fever like tying spree.

Surrrreee it is! Until you remember how fun it was exploring new avenues! All those other projects start falling behind and pretty soon... :D

LOL, pants and skirt. I was going to advise on a name for that, but I decided not to touch it. LOL. THE CREAM,

Is a VERY VERY clean and super well packed fly. I give two thumbs up on that one. Really nicely done. That dog will hunt.